National All-Star Hockey League

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inStandingsRostersToday's GamesEndorsementsPower RankingsGM ListFull Stat IndexScheduleWaiversLeaderboardFree AgentsRulesLeague FilesLeague HistoryPlayoffs
Latest topics
» Playoffs Started
Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:06 am by James

» grey cup final
Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:19 pm by habs1909

» Another Idea
Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:45 pm by jschofield

» Panthers Playoff Push
Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:13 pm by stadnyk

» News Report: New York Islanders To Stock Up On Lube
Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:37 pm by GoSensGo

» h1n1 shot
Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:43 pm by habs1909

» quack quack
Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:49 am by James

» Season 6 Changes
Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:32 pm by James

» Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis
Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:37 pm by James

» Contract Extensions
Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:03 am by James

Top posters
James

habs1909

WashingtonGM

Duckies-GM

stadnyk

Carolina_GM

IslesGM

Dallas

jschofield

NYRangers

Share | 

Carolina and Florida agree on a bigger trade

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
IslesGM

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Carolina and Florida agree on a bigger trade   Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:31 pm

Maybe now would be a good time to rethink our trade committee process.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WashingtonGM

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2009-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Carolina and Florida agree on a bigger trade   Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:39 pm

agreed, however ottawa makes a very strong point to which i agree with after thinking about it for some time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dallas

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Carolina and Florida agree on a bigger trade   Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:38 pm

GoSensGo wrote:
Unless the trade is just plain ridiculous, I think the trades should be approved. Not everyone will agree with every trade, and if everyone starts questioning the trades based on fairly minor arguments, all that will happen is 1 or both of the GM's involved will feel defensive and basically stupid because everyone will make them feel like they are incapable of making a good trade.

Obviously, some GM's aren't as insightful as others...and this trade is questionable, but both GMS like it, so it should stick.

both GM's always like teh trade, why else would they do it. We don;t here Carolina much in this topic because he knows he is getting a sick deal.

7.5C prospects are like 58 overall when they start with not much going for them. Matt Niskanen is one with no stats outside of 70 which means he will not get a role in teh lineup for quite awhile. 7.5B will nto fetch much better. Carson will already be around 24 years old thsi year so 25 next year giving him little room to improve.

After 27 players rarely get a legitimate big improvemnt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carolina_GM

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Carolina and Florida agree on a bigger trade   Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:06 am

"We don;t here Carolina much in this topic because he knows he is getting a sick deal."

Other than my orignal response to the deal, I have replied tot his topic 3 times, how many times do you have to beat a dead horse? The deal is done and you guys can whine and cry all you want, the bottom line is the deal was proposed to me, I didn't try to steal Staal away from him.

Furthermore, the ONLY person with the power to chop down this trade is James, therefore the 24 hour window rule is closed and the deal needs to be processed.

I have been through a situation like this before, as a matter of fact it was in a trade that was negotiated with James on behalf of the Blues franchise. It involved Marian Gaborik and some GM's felt that I didn't give enough, but when you break down a trade the biggest factor you have to include is "Do both GM's get what they want?" and the answer to the deal between Florida and The Canes is....YES.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James
Admin

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Carolina and Florida agree on a bigger trade   Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:22 pm

I actually really like the style of TC we have right now. There's not too much defensive here. The idea is to get GM's involved in the league more, and if they see a deal they don't think is fair, they may post a legitimate reason. Ultimately it does come down to whether or not I am convinced of one side or the other. I'm neutral here, and my decision is based on all the valid points brought up (not opinions).

This has been a fun debate to read, and I'm glad everyone got their opinions out here. That being said, I am convinced this is a passable deal, and it will be processed along with the previous 2 days sim (sorry, I can't get on much this week).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carolina and Florida agree on a bigger trade   

Back to top Go down

Carolina and Florida agree on a bigger trade
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2