National All-Star Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National All-Star Hockey League

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inStandingsRostersToday's GamesEndorsementsPower RankingsGM ListFull Stat IndexScheduleWaiversLeaderboardFree AgentsRulesLeague FilesLeague HistoryPlayoffs
Latest topics
» Playoffs Started
Season 5 Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:06 am by James

» grey cup final
Season 5 Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 10:19 pm by habs1909

» Another Idea
Season 5 Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 2:45 pm by jschofield

» Panthers Playoff Push
Season 5 Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 3:13 pm by stadnyk

» News Report: New York Islanders To Stock Up On Lube
Season 5 Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 1:37 pm by GoSensGo

» h1n1 shot
Season 5 Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 5:43 pm by habs1909

» quack quack
Season 5 Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 2:49 am by James

» Season 6 Changes
Season 5 Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 6:32 pm by James

» Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis
Season 5 Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:37 pm by James

» Contract Extensions
Season 5 Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:03 am by James

Top posters
James
Season 5 Discussion I_vote_lcapSeason 5 Discussion I_voting_barSeason 5 Discussion I_vote_rcap 
habs1909
Season 5 Discussion I_vote_lcapSeason 5 Discussion I_voting_barSeason 5 Discussion I_vote_rcap 
WashingtonGM
Duckies-GM
stadnyk
Carolina_GM
IslesGM
Dallas
jschofield
NYRangers

Season 5 Discussion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
James
Admin
James

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Season 5 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 6:27 am

With roughly 25 games left to play this season, it looks like the Western teams have already clinched. Chicago will have to pull off something huge, because Calgary has been safely slotted at the 8th position for literally weeks now.

Also, the Sharks currently lead the league in points, but not by much. The defending Champs are for sure going to make the playoffs, and could be facing the Calgary Flames in the first round. A couple fun facts: Calgary has won the Cup once, and been eliminated in Round 2 three times. The teams that eliminated Calgary in Round 2 have all gone on to win the Cup. It'll be interesting to see if that trend continues with the STHS simulator!

Time to see if we get a back-to-back winner! Good luck Greg!
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:40 pm

Take a peak at tonight's Calgary @ Columbus if you're interested in seeing a penalty and fight-filled affair!
Back to top Go down
stadnyk

stadnyk

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:01 pm

[quote="James"]Take a peak at tonight's Calgary @ Columbus if you're interested in seeing a penalty and fight-filled affair![/quote]

Too bad there was no video to the sim that game would have been nice to watch.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 1:15 am

Only 4 days left to trade, expect the Trade Deadline to be Saturday at 11:59pm EST!

MSN trade deadline convo anyone? Whoever doesn't have me already on MSN please add me: james_5775@msn.com

Last edited by James on Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stadnyk

stadnyk

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 9:58 pm

anyone wanting to be involved in trade talks add me to msn stadnyk72@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 1:57 am

James wrote:
Only 4 days left to trade, expect the Trade Deadline to be Saturday at 11:59pm EST!

MSN trade deadline convo anyone? Whoever doesn't have me already on MSN please add me: james_5775@msn.com

Sorry, made a typo last time. I accidentally miscounted the remaining games thinking there was still one extra sim before the deadline, but in fact the deadline is Saturday at 11:59pm EST rather than Sunday.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 11:06 pm

I can't sim because Anaheim's lines aren't complete. Normally I just auto lines and sim, but it's now working, and I can't figure out what's wrong with the roster.
Back to top Go down
IslesGM

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 11:45 pm

Probably because they have a guy named Eratic.

Or maybe cuz Getzlaf is gay.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 12:47 am

Nah, it was a cap issue lol.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 1:12 pm

Since I wasn't around last night, and was hoping to host an MSN trade deadline convo, I've pushed the Trade Deadline to tonight, as was originally predicted, I'll start an MSN convo later on in the afternoon/evening!
Back to top Go down
habs1909

habs1909

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 1:49 pm

ill be out from very soon to late 2nite
Back to top Go down
http://canadiens.nhl.com/index.html
James
Admin
James

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 1:45 pm

Ok well I have had virtually no computer access all weekend. I didn't honestly see that coming. We can either postpone the trade deadline to tomorrow (Tuesday night) or say screw it and move on tomorrow night. There won't be a sim tonight as I have guests over for Thanksgiving, and a paper to write for Thursday.

In my opinion, since there have been no trades with the deadline being moved back, we should just move on anyways. But whatever you guys want.
Back to top Go down
stadnyk

stadnyk

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 2:30 pm

Lets keep on truckin.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:32 pm

Nice 5-4 loss to Carolina tonight sets me on a 3-game losing streak. How did power rankings rate the Flames so high??

Also, if anyone wants to develop a young goaltender, throw him on the farm, STHS seems to be really developing those starting goalies. It's not just this league either.
Back to top Go down
devilsgm

devilsgm

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 11:43 am

James wrote:
Also, if anyone wants to develop a young goaltender, throw him on the farm, STHS seems to be really developing those starting goalies. It's not just this league either.

See my buddy Marc Ebuque for a first-hand example. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 Discussion   Season 5 Discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 5 Discussion
Page 1 of 1