National All-Star Hockey League

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inStandingsRostersToday's GamesEndorsementsPower RankingsGM ListFull Stat IndexScheduleWaiversLeaderboardFree AgentsRulesLeague FilesLeague HistoryPlayoffs
Latest topics
» Playoffs Started
Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:06 am by James

» grey cup final
Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:19 pm by habs1909

» Another Idea
Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:45 pm by jschofield

» Panthers Playoff Push
Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:13 pm by stadnyk

» News Report: New York Islanders To Stock Up On Lube
Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:37 pm by GoSensGo

» h1n1 shot
Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:43 pm by habs1909

» quack quack
Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:49 am by James

» Season 6 Changes
Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:32 pm by James

» Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis
Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:37 pm by James

» Contract Extensions
Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:03 am by James

Top posters
James

habs1909

WashingtonGM

Duckies-GM

stadnyk

Carolina_GM

IslesGM

Dallas

jschofield

NYRangers

Share | 

Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do You Like This
Yes
55%
 55% [ 6 ]
No
45%
 45% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
jschofield

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-04-08

PostSubject: Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis   Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:20 pm

Basically, this is how it would work. We would start brand new, with a league called simply "NASHL2". A couple of key points

1. 09-10 rosters at the start
2. Any GMs who stick around would HAVE to remain with the franchise they currently are playing as, unless they have won a cup. I think the only GM who currently fits that criteria that is still around is James though lol.

ie. I would remain as Edmonton's GM, Ale as Montreal's, etc.

Some may not like this too much, depending on what team they are, but a good portion of the league that would hypothetically remain would actually have pretty decent teams to start with.

3. A move back to FHL: The adjustment has been difficult for some, including myself, to get used to. The main intentions of moving to STHS were to make things easier for James, and to get more GMs. Part 1 was achieved. Part 2... not so much
4. A brand new webpage: We would have a brand new webpage, with all of the bells and whistles. Also, we would have a new forum, that would simply look... amazing. I will work on getting prototypes done, and when done, I will post them here
5. A history page detailing the current version of NASHL: The intention of this is to create a brand really. By having a detailed history page of NASHL, we may attract GMs as it would show effort. Basically, this would be the current history page, but it would look 5000 times better graphically, and there would likely be interesting write ups on it too. There would also be a panel appointed to elect players to the NASHL Hall of Fame.
6. The current rules would remain the same.

I think I pretty much covered everything with this idea. I think it's a great idea, but lets leave it to the people to decide.

I think either one of the 2 ideas I have proposed should be considered, largely because what we have right now isn't working, and it only makes it harder on James, because he does a lot of work, so from his perspective, there is no sense in him continuing running a 30 team league, but with only 10-15 active GMs year in, year out.

Last edited by jschofield on Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James
Admin

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis   Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:24 pm

Btw, I'm the only one allowed to vote don't care. I want a definite answer from everyone else.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dallas

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis   Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:40 pm

If we change rosters it fucks up, would rather restart with 06-07 rosters and work through these drafts again, but have all the NHL drafts instead of some of these fake players.

However would prefer simply going back to FHL and soem GMs will see they made some mistakes by trading (I'm looking at those teams that Carolina got good deals on all of his trades with)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jschofield

PostSubject: Re: Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis   Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:42 pm

This would essentially be a brand new league, but restarting with 06-07 rosters is actually an interesting thought, although I am not sure that would attract a ton of new GMs.

And that is also an interesting thought about simply just going back to FHL. Nobody has considered something that simple either lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jschofield

PostSubject: Re: Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis   Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:49 pm

Another thing I forgot to mention, is that the rules would remain the same.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoSensGo

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis   Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:04 pm

As long as we re-draft, I'm happy stay restart and stay as Ottawa.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NYRangers

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis   Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:38 pm

I must admit that this idea is more attractive than your other one Jake Razz

On a personnal note, I prefer STHS compared to FHL. I think it's more complete and easier to use, while it can brings a brand new view of the game with the farm roster, strategy to use etc etc... I first started in sim leagues with STHS, so maybe that's why I prefer it Smile However, if more people like FHL and it could bring more GMs in, I have no hard feelings switching to it and start learning...

As for the restart itselfs, I think it's a good idea for the goal we are aiming for: bring in more people... It's always more fun to join a league on a new start with the initial roster, than having to deal with a team that has alrdy been worked with. It would definitely be easier to recruit people with fresh and untouched lineup, whatever year it would be.

To sum it up, I like the idea... If something needs to be done, then this is it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
habs1909

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis   Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:43 pm

i'm happy i was part of the example, but over the years ive collected some alright players that i could've done more to improve on but didn't, like mentioned b4 if its not a 09 roster many people won't join a league thats old not even retro, its like buying gamecube thats not new or somewhat worth it at all, older stuff with terrible graphics ppl buy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://canadiens.nhl.com/index.html
jschofield

PostSubject: Re: Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis   Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:51 pm

I think I actually got your point Ale lol. Comparing it to a new video game release is actually quite a good analogy, with the new video game= our roster reset.

At least, I think that is what you meant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
habs1909

PostSubject: Re: Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis   Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:20 pm

ya to reclarify it incase were not on the same page, people go for new and vintage stuff somewhat recent a few years ago doesnt appeal
Back to top Go down
jschofield

PostSubject: Re: Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis   Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:23 pm

Ok good, I did get what you meant lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carolina_GM

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis   Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:30 pm

you guys wanna restart? My God people...whats the point?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IslesGM

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis   Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:55 pm

My thoughts:

1. '09-'10 rosters: If we are going to attract new members, this might be the best way. '06-'07 rosters... I don't really think that makes much sense. If the rosters get reset, it should be for this coming NHL season. I get that people won't like this, but I do agree it might be necessary.

2. I don't see anything wrong with letting people switch if they want. However I will stay on board no matter what. Even if we reset rosters... which would give me one of the worst franchises in the league, top to bottom... even with Tavares. But I trust my franchise building skills...

3. Personally I don't care one way or another... especially since I have a Mac. I think we should use whatever we think will attract and keep new members. FHL, STHS... to me a sim league is a sim league.

4. Love it.

5. Love it.

6. Rules staying the same... let me add one more proposal. I think this idea is going to be very unpopular:

Move to NHL rerate system. Personally I would prefer we go off an NHL rerate system... but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stadnyk

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis   Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:46 pm

I would definitely agree with proposal of NHL rerates, fabulous ideas, but only allow a certain # of rerates for eg:3 and the rest would be decided by the sim..

Secondly if we are setting the rosters after the sim season to the current 09-10 NHL rosters there is no way in hell i would keep the Florida Panthers, i would definitely want a change in teams
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WashingtonGM

Number of posts : 232

PostSubject: Re: Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis   Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:37 pm

agreed with isles
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carolina_GM

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis   Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:51 pm

I do not agree with resetting the rosters, I worked hard on the trades I made and see no reason to reset.

Thats my vote if it comes down to one.

How many regular GM's do we have, ones that are dedicated to the league? If it's 16 or more, we have a dispersal draft, drop the excess baggage and go from there.

Under 16 we fold up and go home.

My team, which I spend many hours on, sucks right now and i am willing, or sgould I say...determined to see it through.

If you guys want to start over, by all means, go ahead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis   Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:32 am

Well we usually have 15 users log in each day.

We've had 11 people vote.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duckies-GM
Admin

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis   Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:28 am

I haven't voted, mainly because I'm torn with the result of either vote.

First off, I absolutely loathe FHL. Seriously, it keeps me up at nights. It's a mickey mouse rating system and requires more work for both GMs and Commissioners just to be somewhat user friendly. Not to mention that the Client just doesn't seem to work well for me, as it's rather buggy.

Secondly, I'm not sure I like the resetting rosters thing. Maybe a few months ago when Pronger and Beauchemin were still sitting Ducks in Anaheim...though I'd much rather have current NHL rosters than have us go back to the '06-'07 rosters.

I don't think it's a secret that I much prefer NHL rerated leagues.

I'm also a fan of drafts every other season, instead of these even-odd drafts...and made up players drive me nuts. Also not a fan of camps...but that's because I like NHL rerates.

In closing...I likely won't vote, or, if I do...I'm not sure what it is I'm voting on. Jake kind of threw a bunch of ideas out and passed it off as one. I like some of it, not all of it.

jschofield

PostSubject: Re: Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis   Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:05 am

Well, I think with my original idea, there could be changes on certain parts. For example, the intention of the changing teams idea is to have some really good teams available right away for new GMs. But, if more people would prefer to have the right to change teams, then we could always change that.

Another thing too is that this idea is not a radical shift away from what we have done before. The only real radical change is within the rosters themselves being 09-10. What I feel it does is takes the existing concept that I personally like, and makes it better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis   Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:27 am

What about changing to NHL re-rate? Defeats the purpose of the fake players but I think there's a way to work that out. I don't mind NHL re-rate leagues.

I'm also in favour of no change to be honest.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
stadnyk

PostSubject: Re: Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis   Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:35 pm

I would be more in favour of going to the rerates and abolishing the fake players, you want to make the league as close as to the NHL as you can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jschofield

PostSubject: Re: Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis   Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:47 pm

I wouldn't mind NHL rerate, but... only if we change back to FHL .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
habs1909

PostSubject: Re: Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis   Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:39 pm

wouldnt supercamped players get screwed with nhl rerates
Back to top Go down
stadnyk

PostSubject: Re: Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis   Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:43 pm

Only alow a certain amount of rerates per team like 3 for example. The rest would be decided by performance based sim play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IslesGM

Number of posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis   Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:07 pm

Further opinions:

1. If we do reset rosters, go to FHL, go to NHL rerates, or make any major changes we should do it in the next few weeks while the NHL season is still young.

2. If we do go to NHL rerates, it should be full fledged. No fake players, no half sim/half NHL rerates.

3. If we do go to NHL rerates, we might as well, reset rosters to '09-'10. There are already too many fake players, too many guys who are retired in this league but not the NHL. It would be cleaner that way.

Now I realize this pisses people off. I understand, I've done a LOT of work to my team to get it where it is. In fact, i would say if we do reset rosters or make sweeping changes, my team gets screwed over quite a bit. Top five screw over in the league, IMO. That said, I would rather have an active league with 30 GMs and a junk franchise than a great franchise in an inactive league.

Also, I am more than willing to give up my team, downgrade, or switch to a weaker franchise to help grease the wheels.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis   

Back to top Go down

Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next