National All-Star Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National All-Star Hockey League

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inStandingsRostersToday's GamesEndorsementsPower RankingsGM ListFull Stat IndexScheduleWaiversLeaderboardFree AgentsRulesLeague FilesLeague HistoryPlayoffs
Latest topics
» Playoffs Started
Season 6 Changes I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:06 am by James

» grey cup final
Season 6 Changes I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 10:19 pm by habs1909

» Another Idea
Season 6 Changes I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 2:45 pm by jschofield

» Panthers Playoff Push
Season 6 Changes I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 3:13 pm by stadnyk

» News Report: New York Islanders To Stock Up On Lube
Season 6 Changes I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 1:37 pm by GoSensGo

» h1n1 shot
Season 6 Changes I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 5:43 pm by habs1909

» quack quack
Season 6 Changes I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 2:49 am by James

» Season 6 Changes
Season 6 Changes I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 6:32 pm by James

» Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis
Season 6 Changes I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:37 pm by James

» Contract Extensions
Season 6 Changes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:03 am by James

Top posters
James
Season 6 Changes I_vote_lcapSeason 6 Changes I_voting_barSeason 6 Changes I_vote_rcap 
habs1909
Season 6 Changes I_vote_lcapSeason 6 Changes I_voting_barSeason 6 Changes I_vote_rcap 
WashingtonGM
Duckies-GM
stadnyk
Carolina_GM
IslesGM
Dallas
jschofield
NYRangers

Season 6 Changes

Go down 
4 posters

What changes would you stick around for? (Choose as many as you want)
1. Reset rosters to 09-10 rosters
Season 6 Changes I_vote_lcap19%Season 6 Changes I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 8 ]
2. Switch to NHL re-rate
Season 6 Changes I_vote_lcap17%Season 6 Changes I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 7 ]
3. Stick with sim re-rate
Season 6 Changes I_vote_lcap10%Season 6 Changes I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 4 ]
4. Switch back to FHLSim
Season 6 Changes I_vote_lcap10%Season 6 Changes I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 4 ]
5. Stick with STHS
Season 6 Changes I_vote_lcap17%Season 6 Changes I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 7 ]
6. Keep the same franchise that you currently manage
Season 6 Changes I_vote_lcap14%Season 6 Changes I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 6 ]
7. New website
Season 6 Changes I_vote_lcap7%Season 6 Changes I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
8. New forum
Season 6 Changes I_vote_lcap6%Season 6 Changes I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 42

AuthorMessage
James
Admin
James

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Season 6 Changes Empty
PostSubject: Season 6 Changes   Season 6 Changes I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:44 pm

This is a multiple-answer poll. Choose the changes that you would stick around for if they were implemented between seasons, and then post any reasons you may want to, or added thoughts, etc.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

Season 6 Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Changes   Season 6 Changes I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:49 pm

I chose options 1, 2, 5, and 6. I do not think sim re-rates is working for us, so I think a shift to NHL re-rates may be necessary. Furthermore, I don't think a switch to FHLSim is for the better of the league. STHS is the all-around better simulator IMO.

I also say that options 1 and 6 go hand-in-hand. Whether we reset the rosters or not, we should keep our current franchise. I'm split on resetting rosters. I don't care either way, but if we do, Quebec moves back to Pittsburgh, and no more relocation (most likely).

I like our current site, and am not in favour of changing it. The only change I would make is changing it so that you need to log in to view game scores/standings/schedule. That would increase the number of GM's logging in.
Back to top Go down
IslesGM

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-03-27

Season 6 Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Changes   Season 6 Changes I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:14 am

I know it's cheesy, but I picked 'em all. I really don't mind any of the changes. I just want to see an active league.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

Season 6 Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Changes   Season 6 Changes I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 3:00 am

Yup, me too. I'll close this poll at the start of the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
stadnyk

stadnyk

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Season 6 Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Changes   Season 6 Changes I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:08 pm

I m kinda hoping we don t stay with the same teams, in my case i d be going from 1st to worst with the real Panthers franchise
Back to top Go down
jschofield

jschofield

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-04-08

Season 6 Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Changes   Season 6 Changes I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:53 pm

I voted for 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, and 8. I wouldn't mind partially incorporating NHL rerates though into sim rerates, perhaps you get 1 for every 2 seasons or something. The only thing I really care about is STHS. I just can't get used to it. I would REALLY love to see a change back to FHL, but I don't think that will happen. To be honest, I doubt I would stay around if we continue to use STHS.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

Season 6 Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Changes   Season 6 Changes I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 6:29 pm

Well we have an interesting split of votes so far. It appears for sure we will be doing the following this off-season:

1. Reset rosters to 09-10 rosters

I think with one more vote for each, we can safely say that the following will be implemented as well:

2. Switch to NHL re-rate
5. Stick with STHS
6. Keep the same franchise that you currently manage

I did expect the split on NHL vs sim re-rate, so it hasn't disappointed. However the split on simulators (STHS vs FHL) was unexpected. There are more in favour of FHL than I thought there would be. And we still only have 3 votes apiece for creating a new forum and site, so unless we can get a handful more for each, we'll be sticking with the site as is.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

Season 6 Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Changes   Season 6 Changes I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 6:32 pm

By the way, an NHL-rerate would mean we still sim 2 seasons per NHL season, but we would only have a draft every 2 years. And it would be of the 'current' NHL draft. Also, there would only be mass re-rates ever 2 seasons (during the summer). This means player ratings would stay the same during the winter off-season, with maybe small changes in ratings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Season 6 Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Changes   Season 6 Changes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 6 Changes
Page 1 of 1