National All-Star Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National All-Star Hockey League

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inStandingsRostersToday's GamesEndorsementsPower RankingsGM ListFull Stat IndexScheduleWaiversLeaderboardFree AgentsRulesLeague FilesLeague HistoryPlayoffs
Latest topics
» Playoffs Started
Playoffs Started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:06 am by James

» grey cup final
Playoffs Started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 10:19 pm by habs1909

» Another Idea
Playoffs Started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 2:45 pm by jschofield

» Panthers Playoff Push
Playoffs Started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 3:13 pm by stadnyk

» News Report: New York Islanders To Stock Up On Lube
Playoffs Started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 1:37 pm by GoSensGo

» h1n1 shot
Playoffs Started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 5:43 pm by habs1909

» quack quack
Playoffs Started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 2:49 am by James

» Season 6 Changes
Playoffs Started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 6:32 pm by James

» Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis
Playoffs Started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:37 pm by James

» Contract Extensions
Playoffs Started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:03 am by James

Top posters
James
Playoffs Started - Page 2 I_vote_lcapPlayoffs Started - Page 2 I_voting_barPlayoffs Started - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
habs1909
Playoffs Started - Page 2 I_vote_lcapPlayoffs Started - Page 2 I_voting_barPlayoffs Started - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
WashingtonGM
Duckies-GM
stadnyk
Carolina_GM
IslesGM
Dallas
jschofield
NYRangers

Playoffs Started

Go down 
+2
stadnyk
James
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
stadnyk

stadnyk

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Playoffs Started - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:00 am

Thanks for not picking me to win the Cup, James i should be a shoe in to win now.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:58 am

Hmm....I taught I had missed the playoffs lol. Well it looks like my team turned out good. Acquiring all the scraps that people wanted to get rid of like Thornton, Tanguay, Handzus, Alberts, Moreau as well as the signings of Nylander and Johnson paid off.

Curtis Sanford or Robert Esche it doesn't matter when I take down the top 2 teams in the west + anaheim, I am the best team

~Mario....yea....that's my real name! lol

***will only really be back on wednesday afternoon, but don't expect lines***

I seem to win without them!
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 12:06 pm

Actually on second thought I'm gonna say Florida in 6. I have a mad feeling this is gonna be a six-game series. I thought Dallas had more experience so I decided to look over rosters just now and Florida is a lot more experienced. Plus Fisher isn't a huge loss anyway.
Back to top Go down
Duckies-GM
Admin
Duckies-GM

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 7:45 pm

James wrote:
Ouch.. first time all series that NYR and Anaheim send lines and they both get bombed. Florida/Dallas final gents, I give it to Dallas in 6.

Way to break tradition Skwid. This is the first season the Cup winner hasn't been Calgary or the team that knocked them out.
In my defense...my lines weren't working ANYway. lol I think I should have left the coaching alone and just juggled the lineup. Not sure it would have mattered, but I think it would have been closer or at least prolongued the series.

I didn't see Dallas as much of a threat...so it was a bit of a surprise. Had I been about on the weekend, I may have done something about it earlier!

Good luck to Dallas!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.skwidslair.net
James
Admin
James

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 11:28 pm

I would have done something for you but since you didn't say I could, it would have been my fault if you lost anyway lol.
Back to top Go down
Duckies-GM
Admin
Duckies-GM

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 1:38 am

It's still your fault.

Please remember that. Wink
Back to top Go down
devilsgm

devilsgm

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 11:07 pm

Well, looks like a shake up is needed in the back end. 2 consecutive 6-5 losses isn't a good sign.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 2:42 am

Congrats to Paul and the Panthers on their 7-game series win over Dallas to win the Stanley Cup!

Congrats to the Grand Rapids Griffins and their lack of management on defeating Lowell in 5 for the Calder Cup!

Last edited by James on Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duckies-GM
Admin
Duckies-GM

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 2:55 pm

These playoffs were fixed!

Rigged!

Players were on steroids!

Refs were bribed!

Families were threatened!

Sure...it was us that did all of that, but that's the point. It didn't work, and we want our money back!!!
Back to top Go down
devilsgm

devilsgm

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 3:39 pm

What the hell? Yesterday I was down 2-0, all of a sudden it's 4-1 now? I was going to send in some lines for fucks sake! Bullshit!

I was going to stay, but with shit like that, I'm not so sure. I mean, at least let us know if you're going to off and sim the rest of the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
stadnyk

stadnyk

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 5:44 pm

Cry Baby!
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 5:59 pm

devilsgm wrote:
What the hell? Yesterday I was down 2-0, all of a sudden it's 4-1 now? I was going to send in some lines for fucks sake! Bullshit!

I was going to stay, but with shit like that, I'm not so sure. I mean, at least let us know if you're going to off and sim the rest of the playoffs.

You went from not giving a damn about the league to all of a sudden caring because your farm team was doing well. You were kicked out once due to lack of activity. That's great reason for me to hold up the league schedule. I had both Stanley Cup finalists online for the first time in a while and both agreed to sim the finals in one night. Why would I wait for someone with a resume like yours? These guys have both been active members of the league the whole time they have here so far (Mario couldn't be as active as he normally would be lately but he had a valid reason).
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 10:02 pm

thats right Al, a legitimate reason, and who cares about the minors anyways??
Back to top Go down
devilsgm

devilsgm

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 11:28 pm

James wrote:
You were kicked out once due to lack of activity.

I've told you before why I stopped being active in the league. In my opinion you've been running it into the ground. There have been too many changes in too short a time. We had a good site and forum. You changed that. We were originally an FHL league. You switched it to STHS. It was a sim re-rate league, but will be turned into just another NHL re-rate league. You made an arbitrary change to finances when we were still running FHL that adversely affected the league, even after I had tried to explain to you why it would do so.

I've just been constantly at issue with decisions you've made, and now we only have a handful of GMs remaining. I've stayed in this league through everything because of the other GMs and the atmosphere, but even that has deteriorated to the point where I'm not really sure it's worth my time to stick around for another season. In fact, at this point I'm not very confident that there will be another season.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:06 am

devilsgm wrote:
James wrote:
You were kicked out once due to lack of activity.

I've told you before why I stopped being active in the league. In my opinion you've been running it into the ground. There have been too many changes in too short a time. We had a good site and forum. You changed that. We were originally an FHL league. You switched it to STHS. It was a sim re-rate league, but will be turned into just another NHL re-rate league. You made an arbitrary change to finances when we were still running FHL that adversely affected the league, even after I had tried to explain to you why it would do so.

I've just been constantly at issue with decisions you've made, and now we only have a handful of GMs remaining. I've stayed in this league through everything because of the other GMs and the atmosphere, but even that has deteriorated to the point where I'm not really sure it's worth my time to stick around for another season. In fact, at this point I'm not very confident that there will be another season.

I changed all that? I put everything to a vote and majority wanted to make those changes. Yes there were some guys who preferred not to make the changes, but not enough. You have NEVER been an active member of this league, so your threats to quit hold no merit.

Your claim that I changed the finances: I changed it for a short period of time and realized it didn't work the way it should. It's common knowledge there's a problem with FHL's finance slider.

You've stayed in this league because you didn't DO anything in it. It didn't take up any of your time. So I leave you with the following ultimatum:

Put up or shut up. Start being active or take a hike. I'm not handing you a premiere team in the league when you haven't earned it, especially considering as the GM could opt to stay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playoffs Started
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2