National All-Star Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National All-Star Hockey League

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inStandingsRostersToday's GamesEndorsementsPower RankingsGM ListFull Stat IndexScheduleWaiversLeaderboardFree AgentsRulesLeague FilesLeague HistoryPlayoffs
Latest topics
» Playoffs Started
micheal jackson I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:06 am by James

» grey cup final
micheal jackson I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 10:19 pm by habs1909

» Another Idea
micheal jackson I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 2:45 pm by jschofield

» Panthers Playoff Push
micheal jackson I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 3:13 pm by stadnyk

» News Report: New York Islanders To Stock Up On Lube
micheal jackson I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 1:37 pm by GoSensGo

» h1n1 shot
micheal jackson I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 5:43 pm by habs1909

» quack quack
micheal jackson I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 2:49 am by James

» Season 6 Changes
micheal jackson I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 6:32 pm by James

» Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis
micheal jackson I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:37 pm by James

» Contract Extensions
micheal jackson I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:03 am by James

Top posters
James
micheal jackson I_vote_lcapmicheal jackson I_voting_barmicheal jackson I_vote_rcap 
habs1909
micheal jackson I_vote_lcapmicheal jackson I_voting_barmicheal jackson I_vote_rcap 
WashingtonGM
Duckies-GM
stadnyk
Carolina_GM
IslesGM
Dallas
jschofield
NYRangers

micheal jackson

Go down 
+2
stadnyk
habs1909
6 posters

what will u remeber about micheal jackson
music
micheal jackson I_vote_lcap82%micheal jackson I_vote_rcap
 82% [ 9 ]
sopposed sexual abuse
micheal jackson I_vote_lcap18%micheal jackson I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
habs1909

habs1909

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-25

micheal jackson Empty
PostSubject: micheal jackson   micheal jackson I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 8:11 pm

i hope this poll works on the first shot. also explain i guess. beat it, beat it, beat it
Back to top Go down
http://canadiens.nhl.com/index.html
stadnyk

stadnyk

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-04-14

micheal jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: micheal jackson   micheal jackson I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 12:55 am

At least the king of rock Elvis Presley can salute Michael at heaven's gates by singing ain 't nothing but a hound dog. Sorry i don t feel for the guy he was a true pedophile to the word and he ultimately paid the price which was his death, don't feel sorry for skin hounds at all.
Back to top Go down
habs1909

habs1909

micheal jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: micheal jackson   micheal jackson I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 9:12 pm

i wasnt around for that era but those were some good songs to bad the media brought him down
Back to top Go down
IslesGM

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-03-27

micheal jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: micheal jackson   micheal jackson I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 1:21 am

I heard that since Micheal Jackson's body is 90% plastic, he will be melted down and turned into legos. That way little boys can play with Micheal for a change.
Back to top Go down
Carolina_GM

Carolina_GM

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-04-03

micheal jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: micheal jackson   micheal jackson I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 1:22 pm

I can't for the life of me feel sorry for a person that has all that fame, fortune and everything you could have in life, just toss it away and become what Michael Jackson will be remembered for...a FREAK!

He was so talented too...whether you liked his songs or not, he was a gifted musician, dancer/choreographer and philanthropist. His charitable donations were astonishing.

But, he'll be remembered by most as a freak.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-03-10

micheal jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: micheal jackson   micheal jackson I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 6:59 pm

Carolina_GM wrote:
I can't for the life of me feel sorry for a person that has all that fame, fortune and everything you could have in life, just toss it away and become what Michael Jackson will be remembered for...a FREAK!

He was so talented too...whether you liked his songs or not, he was a gifted musician, dancer/choreographer and philanthropist. His charitable donations were astonishing.

But, he'll be remembered by most as a freak.

I agree completely.
Back to top Go down

micheal jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: micheal jackson   micheal jackson I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:29 pm

Michael Jackson was probably my favorite artist of all time going back to when I was 3 yrs old and Thriller album came out. My father bought me the record (yes I'm that old) after I heard "Beat It" on the radio in the car one day and a pfisher price record player for me to play it on. He soon regretted it though as I would wake up every morning around 5 a.m. and blast as loud as it would play. He was a pop icon and he will be missed as an artist and musician.

That being said he lived a very sad, lonely and disturbed life that began with a nightmare of a childhood and led to an adulthood that witnessed him become a debt-ridden, reclusive freak, that was most likely a pedophile. He was forced into the spotlight at such a young age by his overbearing and violent father who used to beat him frequently at a young age and put more pressure on him than a young child should have. I think his childhood and his personality and mental makeup made him ill-prepared for the spotlight that his early fame put him in. I'm am certainly not condoning his behavior in his adult years, but I think the factors I mentioned are the reasons he turned out the way he did. Which is very sad for someone of all his talents.

Unfortunately like others have said, many people will remember him for his later years, which is unfortunate because he was one of most influencial musical artists of all time. I certainly will remember him for his music though because his music was one of my first memories and my Dad still talks about that Pfisher Price record player.
Back to top Go down
habs1909

habs1909

micheal jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: micheal jackson   micheal jackson I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 5:42 pm

ya others kinda ruined the nice guy in him like the media mostly does, somehow the parents always are involved in other stories ive heard recently , i dont remeber who
Back to top Go down
Duckies-GM
Admin
Duckies-GM

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2009-03-09

micheal jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: micheal jackson   micheal jackson I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:40 pm

columbus wrote:
My father bought me the record (yes I'm that old)
Hmm...I bought the record with my own money. Does that make me ancient? lol

MJ was, is and always will be remembered for Thriller more than anything. You can't argue with the highest selling piece of music of all time. Every pothead in the world got together and bought nineteen different versions of Dark Side of the Moon and it still wasn't enough. Why? Because you can't keep talent down. MJ had a gift. He was second to NONE.

Lennon is remembered for his song writing...not the Yoko years. Sure, it's there, but that's not what he's remembered for.

Elvis will be remembered for his moves...his unique voice and the way he could take anyone's song and make it his own. Not a single hit was a song he wrote...but many people forget that.

Morrison is remembered as one of the greatest musical poets ever...not the alcoholic addict that died in his bathtub in '71 after only four years of Doors fame.

MJ's music is quite possibly the most recognizable recordings on the planet. When people hear his music, especially the Thriller stuff, they aren't thinking about the freak...they're thinking about the memories that coincide with the songs they're hearing.

Sure, people from later on his career (people much, much younger than I) will see him as a freak because that's all they really knew. Personally, many folk from my generation aren't surprised that he turned out the way he did. The whole family's a bit messed up...even Janet, to a point. MJ just had the money and resources to take it to a whole new level.

I do NOT agree that he did anything wrong to any kid. I just refuse to believe that. He's brought so much good in the world, that as far as I'm concerned, it would be unfair to think anything of the sort.

And from where I sit, if it were MY kid, and his lawyers threw money at me...and it WAS true, well...I'd screw him to the wall and see him rot in a cell. The fact that they took the money, far as I'm concerned, shows that's what it was all about from the get go.

MJ's camp settled out of court because it wasn't worth the bad publicity to fight it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.skwidslair.net
habs1909

habs1909

micheal jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: micheal jackson   micheal jackson I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:50 pm

Duckies-GM wrote:
columbus wrote:

lmao, u did it again, im garunteed u got like 5 ppl working on this stuff. other than that wat u said i never lived those days i only got into his stuff recently but i find i can see the change hes made
Back to top Go down

micheal jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: micheal jackson   micheal jackson I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 8:58 am

Duckies-GM wrote:
columbus wrote:

MJ was, is and always will be remembered for Thriller more than anything. You can't argue with the highest selling piece of music of all time. Every pothead in the world got together and bought nineteen different versions of Dark Side of the Moon and it still wasn't enough. Why? Because you can't keep talent down. MJ had a gift. He was second to NONE.

Lennon is remembered for his song writing...not the Yoko years. Sure, it's there, but that's not what he's remembered for.

Elvis will be remembered for his moves...his unique voice and the way he could take anyone's song and make it his own. Not a single hit was a song he wrote...but many people forget that.

Morrison is remembered as one of the greatest musical poets ever...not the alcoholic addict that died in his bathtub in '71 after only four years of Doors fame.

MJ's music is quite possibly the most recognizable recordings on the planet. When people hear his music, especially the Thriller stuff, they aren't thinking about the freak...they're thinking about the memories that coincide with the songs they're hearing.

Sure, people from later on his career (people much, much younger than I) will see him as a freak because that's all they really knew. Personally, many folk from my generation aren't surprised that he turned out the way he did. The whole family's a bit messed up...even Janet, to a point. MJ just had the money and resources to take it to a whole new level.

I do NOT agree that he did anything wrong to any kid. I just refuse to believe that. He's brought so much good in the world, that as far as I'm concerned, it would be unfair to think anything of the sort.

And from where I sit, if it were MY kid, and his lawyers threw money at me...and it WAS true, well...I'd screw him to the wall and see him rot in a cell. The fact that they took the money, far as I'm concerned, shows that's what it was all about from the get go.

MJ's camp settled out of court because it wasn't worth the bad publicity to fight it.

Haha...not at all. I was referring to our many teenage G.M.'s who probably never owned a cassette, let alone a record. Anyways well said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

micheal jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: micheal jackson   micheal jackson I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

micheal jackson
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
National All-Star Hockey League :: General :: Bored Room-
Jump to: