National All-Star Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National All-Star Hockey League

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inStandingsRostersToday's GamesEndorsementsPower RankingsGM ListFull Stat IndexScheduleWaiversLeaderboardFree AgentsRulesLeague FilesLeague HistoryPlayoffs
Latest topics
» Playoffs Started
Another Idea I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:06 am by James

» grey cup final
Another Idea I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 10:19 pm by habs1909

» Another Idea
Another Idea I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 2:45 pm by jschofield

» Panthers Playoff Push
Another Idea I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 3:13 pm by stadnyk

» News Report: New York Islanders To Stock Up On Lube
Another Idea I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 1:37 pm by GoSensGo

» h1n1 shot
Another Idea I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 5:43 pm by habs1909

» quack quack
Another Idea I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 2:49 am by James

» Season 6 Changes
Another Idea I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 6:32 pm by James

» Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis
Another Idea I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:37 pm by James

» Contract Extensions
Another Idea I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:03 am by James

Top posters
James
Another Idea I_vote_lcapAnother Idea I_voting_barAnother Idea I_vote_rcap 
habs1909
WashingtonGM
Duckies-GM
stadnyk
Carolina_GM
IslesGM
Dallas
jschofield
NYRangers

Another Idea

Go down 
+3
habs1909
devilsgm
James
7 posters

Is this a good idea?
Yes
Another Idea I_vote_lcap75%Another Idea I_vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
No
Another Idea I_vote_lcap25%Another Idea I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
James
Admin
James

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Another Idea Empty
PostSubject: Another Idea   Another Idea I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:58 pm

Well a GM in the league sent me an idea that we could run with if we can't find enough GM's to fill a 30-team league, let me know what you think! Also, this GM will remain anonymous unless he chooses otherwise.

Quote :
Basically, it would be a new league with 09-10 rosters. 16 teams would be in the league. What would happen is that you would pick a random day according to the standings, and use that as the template. 28 teams would combine, based on the standings of that particular day. The only two teams exempt from this would be the top 2 teams, since 15 team leagues... not an even number.

You would take teams on the exact opposite ends of the standings, and combine them into one team (For example, the 30th and 3rd placed teams right now would combine into one based on the fact that the top 2 teams do not get into the combination thingy, which today would mean Carolina and Pittsburgh would combine into one team). The GM could choose to keep whichever team name he wished to, which in this case, I would keep the Pittsburgh name. That team would then protect 30 players from the combined teams (failure to provide a list would simply get your ass fired). They would also protect a combined 10 prospects (5 from each team).

The top 2 teams that did not get the right to combine, would subsequently participate in a 6 round dispersal draft for roster players that were unprotected, and a 20 round draft for prospects. This way, they do not lose a competitive advantage, since the quality of players they would get would likely match what the 29th and 30th teams would give them anyway.
Back to top Go down
devilsgm

devilsgm

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Another Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Idea   Another Idea I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 12:05 am

I picked yes, under the assumption that we would all be able to choose a new team if we wish to do so. Whether we choose before or after the teams are combined would still need to be decided though.

Although, if the two teams remain in the same place relative to one another, I wouldn't mind having a combined New Jersey/Anaheim roster. Wink

Last edited by devilsgm on Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
habs1909

habs1909

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Another Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Idea   Another Idea I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 12:07 am

i favour a reduced league. i find the elimination of teams procedure not that great, i dunno if i missed it in the quote what if 2 teams are occupied by good gms that actually care. then if u make an exception the whole thing is no longer good. just good teams get a bad team and theirs the merger.
Back to top Go down
http://canadiens.nhl.com/index.html
Duckies-GM
Admin
Duckies-GM

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Another Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Idea   Another Idea I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 4:04 am

devilsgm wrote:
I wouldn't mind having a combined New Jersey/Anaheim roster. Wink
*ahem* Another Idea Icon_evil

I'm 'iffy' on this deal. I'm not opposed to it, but I forsee it causing some serious issues within the league...such as the above example, for one. Wink

What about the cap? Some teams are already up against it as it is...and then to take on some other players as well? Will we be raising the cap to mirror the change in the league? Not opposed to that, either, but with a bigger cap the league settings will definitely have to be adjusted so that teams can still make money.
Back to top Go down
http://www.skwidslair.net
GoSensGo

GoSensGo

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Another Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Idea   Another Idea I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 12:00 pm

I'm pretty much open to the majority, and would be happy with this idea or whatever works for everyone.
Back to top Go down
jschofield

jschofield

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-04-08

Another Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Idea   Another Idea I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:52 pm

Well, if this happened, new team combos would be picked. You would not have to stick with your current team. That would be my assumption anyway. And if it were to happen, I would actually stick around, I can say that unequivocally.

Also, the rosters would be reset to 09-10 rosters before this were even considered. And yes, there would be cap implications, but we could play around with the numbers once the teams were settled.
Back to top Go down
habs1909

habs1909

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Another Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Idea   Another Idea I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:13 pm

i had to look up unequivocally, anyone else.

if u go with this just lower players salary by some later decided percentage
Back to top Go down
http://canadiens.nhl.com/index.html
devilsgm

devilsgm

Another Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Idea   Another Idea I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 8:38 pm

Cap would have to be raised. Easy to work with a higher cap than to work with lower salaries.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Another Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Idea   Another Idea I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 12:42 am

Cap would indeed be raised. As I said to Skwid earlier, NHL teams have trouble fitting under $56 million cap, so there's no way we could fit 2 combined NHL rosters under that cap.

I'm with the majority as well.
Back to top Go down
NYRangers

NYRangers

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Another Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Idea   Another Idea I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 9:02 pm

I think it might be a good idea to combine 2 teams if we are missing some active GM. That would mean that we'd have to raise the salary cap, like you guys said, but to a certain limit...

I personnaly think that the fun of a sim-league is to build a good and well-balanced team. Pretty much each team have some good to some outstanding players in their 1st line. In the exception of a few teams, all the others have at least 1 or more all-star players. So basicly it evens up. What makes the TRUE diffence is (and that is my personnal point of view) the players after those; the 2nd, 3rd and even some times the 4th line.

My point is if we raise the cap to much, we'll completely lose this aspect of the sim-league and we'll all have some damn good players sitting on our 3rd line. There will be no challenge in building a great team since there's gonna be no cap issue and furthermore, our prospects would be waiting in the farm forever (in exception of the few 1st picks of each year) since the caliber of the league would be too high for them to play in.

I hope I've been clear enough for you to understand Another Idea Icon_razz and in resume: I can understand that the cap would have to be raised, but I don't want to see it raised too much...

Anyhow, you gotta know that whatever happens, I'll deal with it and stay for the enxt season for sure...
Back to top Go down
Duckies-GM
Admin
Duckies-GM

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Another Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Idea   Another Idea I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 9:36 pm

I agree...just because you can combine two teams, doesn't mean you should be able to afford to take every player at your disposal. Some choices should still have to be made.

This would also create a huge FA pool, but with almost every team near the cap (unavoidable, I'm sure) they won't be caught in any bidding wars.
Back to top Go down
http://www.skwidslair.net
devilsgm

devilsgm

Another Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Idea   Another Idea I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 2:10 pm

I'm in a 20 team league, and basically, players that would be stars in a 30 team league can end up being 4th liners. There is actually less competition if the cap is removed though, because some teams stock up on superstars, leaving a couple teams with a 1st line that would not even crack the roster of one of the top teams. Then once in a while the top teams dump a superstar player off on a crappy team for a bunch of top end picks, allowing them to pick up all the top young prospects. A cap would help to prevent this overstocking of skill, as teams would get less than value if cap issues force a superstar to be moved. Still you're going to have an excess of talent regardless of what's done.
Back to top Go down
jschofield

jschofield

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-04-08

Another Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Idea   Another Idea I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 2:45 pm

Perhaps a simple solution to a possible cap issue, would be to start with a higher cap of say 70 million, but with a salary floor as well of say 50 million. This way, you can keep the combined talent each team has, but you will still have to make some tough decisions nonetheless with some longer contracts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Another Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Idea   Another Idea I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Idea
Page 1 of 1