National All-Star Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National All-Star Hockey League

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inStandingsRostersToday's GamesEndorsementsPower RankingsGM ListFull Stat IndexScheduleWaiversLeaderboardFree AgentsRulesLeague FilesLeague HistoryPlayoffs
Latest topics
» Playoffs Started
Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:06 am by James

» grey cup final
Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 10:19 pm by habs1909

» Another Idea
Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 2:45 pm by jschofield

» Panthers Playoff Push
Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 3:13 pm by stadnyk

» News Report: New York Islanders To Stock Up On Lube
Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 1:37 pm by GoSensGo

» h1n1 shot
Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 5:43 pm by habs1909

» quack quack
Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 2:49 am by James

» Season 6 Changes
Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 6:32 pm by James

» Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis
Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:37 pm by James

» Contract Extensions
Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:03 am by James

Top posters
James
Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_vote_lcapWashington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_voting_barWashington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_vote_rcap 
habs1909
Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_vote_lcapWashington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_voting_barWashington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_vote_rcap 
WashingtonGM
Duckies-GM
stadnyk
Carolina_GM
IslesGM
Dallas
jschofield
NYRangers

Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster

Go down 
+2
IslesGM
WashingtonGM
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WashingtonGM

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2009-03-27

Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster Empty
PostSubject: Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster   Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 4:37 pm

With an offense that still needs a little more help, and a team looking to the future, the caps have agreed to trade Prospects, Nicholas Tremblay, Travis Morin, John negrin along with Evgeni Nabakov, Juraj Kolnik and a first round draft pick in 2 years for Alexander Ovechkin and A. Vermette.

Washington gambles on its future a little while picking up a superstar and st louis picks up a real good prospect, 2 solid prospects, an up and coming winger and a solid goaltender.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster   Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 4:39 pm

I agree to this trade. Ovechkin wasn't helping my team as much as I thought and I figured I shoudl start rebuilding now. Plus, I need a #1 goalie. Washington picks up a superstar and a solid 3rd line winger that should help them get into playoff contention.
Back to top Go down
IslesGM

Number of posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster   Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 6:54 pm

Wow... huge trade. St. Louis gets a lot of depth and potential, and Washington should have one of the most dangerous and explosive attacks in the East. Nice job guys!
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster   Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 7:01 pm

Good trade guys. So in the end, Ovechkin has made it back to Washington!
Back to top Go down
Carolina_GM

Carolina_GM

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster   Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 8:08 pm

Nicholas Tremblay - 6.0C
Travis Morin - 6.5D
John Negrin 6.5C
Evgeny Nabokov - 35 yrs old, 65 OV (.865 save percentage, 2.74 GAA)
Juraj Kolnik - 29 yrs old and (8 pts in 16 gms)

for

Ovechkin - 25 yrs old, 76 OV (12 pts in 16 gms)
Vermette - who cares, he's an add on

So, you're wondering why I listed all these stats and shit, right? Well, here it goes...

This is a brutal trade, 3 prospects not rated higher than 6.5 which will get you roughly a 60-65 Ov player at most. Nabokov is old and Kolnik is as well. The best part of the trade is the 1st rounder, but after the acquisition of Ovechkin, I'll bet it'll be around 20th-25th overall.

I think this is a bad trade for the Blues but, and here's a BIG BUT!...

1-THE DEAL WAS AGREED ON BY BOTH GM'S

2-IT'S NOT A LOP-SIDED TRADE

3-THE COMMISH IS OK WITH IT

4-WHO FUCKING REALLY CARES, IT'S SIM HOCKEY!

I wish I would have known he was available, I could've made an offer better than that one but congrats to the Caps!
Back to top Go down
IslesGM

PostSubject: Re: Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster   Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 8:12 pm

Now that you break it down... I'm actually going to disagree with #2. it is kind of lopsided.
Back to top Go down
Carolina_GM

Carolina_GM

PostSubject: Re: Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster   Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 8:14 pm

not so lop-sided that it makes you wanna scream "what the fuck!!??"
Back to top Go down
IslesGM

PostSubject: Re: Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster   Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 8:22 pm

lol... no, it's not like a Mike Milbury orchestrated trade (Olli Jokinen and Roberto Luongo for Oleg Kvasha and Mark Parrish, anyone?)
Back to top Go down
Carolina_GM

Carolina_GM

PostSubject: Re: Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster   Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 8:24 pm

but this trade reminds me of one that happened a week or so ago...hmmm, wonder which trade that was...Staal....for someone's prospects....hmmmm...

Wink
Back to top Go down
IslesGM

PostSubject: Re: Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster   Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 8:26 pm

You say potato...
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster   Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 8:45 pm

I will never understand why star players get traed for next to nothing.

Honestly you could get a lot more than that for Ovechkin. Many teams would pay a hefty price just for his name. I personnaly do not want him because I just got Thornton and all, but you should really make a huge deal when you are trading a superstar.

But if the Carolina one was fair, which I still don't think, then this is a similar type trade, that I believe St. louis will regret in a few seasons, like I think Florida will regret trading away Staal.
Back to top Go down
Carolina_GM

Carolina_GM

PostSubject: Re: Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster   Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 7:49 pm

we all make deals we regret at one time or another...ask Doug Risebrough who is known in Leafland as the man that delivered Dougie Gilmour and resurrected the Leafs.

we can all second guess another GM's motives but at the end of the day, it's our team to build as we chose, and when trades become too lop-sided that's when James should step in.
Back to top Go down
WashingtonGM

PostSubject: Re: Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster   Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 6:34 pm

out of curiosity, who was gilmour traded for?
Back to top Go down
Carolina_GM

Carolina_GM

PostSubject: Re: Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster   Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:38 pm

* Traded to Toronto by Calgary with Jamie Macoun, Ric Nattress, Kent Manderville and Rick Wamsley for Gary Leeman, Alexander Godynyuk, Jeff Reese, Michel Petit and Craig Berube. January 2, 1992
Back to top Go down
Duckies-GM
Admin
Duckies-GM

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster   Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:20 pm

It hurt to be a Flames fan that day. Luckily, I was both a Flames AND a Toronto fan...

Not sure if it's of any consequence, but I hate this trade. A lot. It's a bunch of spare parts for star power and a very useful player.

Seriously, James turned down better offers than this before he traded him to the Blues.
Back to top Go down
http://www.skwidslair.net
Carolina_GM

Carolina_GM

PostSubject: Re: Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster   Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:21 pm

yup.
Back to top Go down
Duckies-GM
Admin
Duckies-GM

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster   Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:48 pm

I'd also like to point out that the Blues stated 'Ovechkin wasn't really helping his team'. He had him for five games, Ovie got five points. That's better than he was doing in Calgary for the first eleven.

Another thing to consider is that Ovie's MO was quite low, so it stands to reason that he'd struggle a bit. Players with a low MO are going to play a lot less than their ability than a player with a high MO would.
Back to top Go down
http://www.skwidslair.net
Carolina_GM

Carolina_GM

PostSubject: Re: Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster   Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:49 pm

i agree 100%
Back to top Go down
WashingtonGM

PostSubject: Re: Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster   Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 3:02 pm

while i understand the chatter in this thread, like its been said multiple times now, we both agreed to the trade AND james accepted it eearly in this thread. however, it is interesting to get a large perspective on the trade issue
Back to top Go down
Carolina_GM

Carolina_GM

PostSubject: Re: Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster   Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 5:14 pm

you had to know that this trade was going to be largely scrutinized by the GM's...it is what we do after all....LOL.
Back to top Go down
WashingtonGM

PostSubject: Re: Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster   Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 5:20 pm

haha oh i've got no problem with that and you're right, i expected it. but you had to expect me to defend myself a little bit haha.
Back to top Go down
Carolina_GM

Carolina_GM

PostSubject: Re: Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster   Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 5:21 pm

if this trade, or the one involving Staal went before a trade committee, they both would have been rejected. IMO
Back to top Go down
WashingtonGM

PostSubject: Re: Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster   Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 6:47 pm

you may certainly be right.

(yay for no TC ((yet))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster   Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Washington and St Louis agree to blockbuster
Page 1 of 1