National All-Star Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National All-Star Hockey League

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inStandingsRostersToday's GamesEndorsementsPower RankingsGM ListFull Stat IndexScheduleWaiversLeaderboardFree AgentsRulesLeague FilesLeague HistoryPlayoffs
Latest topics
» Playoffs Started
League Participation Suggestion I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:06 am by James

» grey cup final
League Participation Suggestion I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 10:19 pm by habs1909

» Another Idea
League Participation Suggestion I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 2:45 pm by jschofield

» Panthers Playoff Push
League Participation Suggestion I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 3:13 pm by stadnyk

» News Report: New York Islanders To Stock Up On Lube
League Participation Suggestion I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 1:37 pm by GoSensGo

» h1n1 shot
League Participation Suggestion I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 5:43 pm by habs1909

» quack quack
League Participation Suggestion I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 2:49 am by James

» Season 6 Changes
League Participation Suggestion I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 6:32 pm by James

» Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis
League Participation Suggestion I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:37 pm by James

» Contract Extensions
League Participation Suggestion I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:03 am by James

Top posters
James
League Participation Suggestion I_vote_lcapLeague Participation Suggestion I_voting_barLeague Participation Suggestion I_vote_rcap 
habs1909
League Participation Suggestion I_vote_lcapLeague Participation Suggestion I_voting_barLeague Participation Suggestion I_vote_rcap 
WashingtonGM
Duckies-GM
stadnyk
Carolina_GM
IslesGM
Dallas
jschofield
NYRangers

League Participation Suggestion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Carolina_GM

Carolina_GM

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-04-03

League Participation Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: League Participation Suggestion   League Participation Suggestion I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 4:08 pm

Ok, so after digesting this topic for quite some time (about 15 minutes), I have come up with this idea:

In order to keep the GM's participation up there are a few factors to consider. The first is the timing of the league start date, every SIM league I know has fluctuattions in involvement but the summer months and Christmas are the 2 that stand out as times of the year where GM's aren't very active.

If the plan is to have 2 full seasons per year than they have to be scheduled around summer and Christmas vacation. So, my proposal is that the seasons start after New Year's day and end by June which gives us 5 months to complete a season and conduct all the essential items for the off-season.

The next season wouldn't start until September 1st and conclude the 3rd week in December or around there which, unfortunately only gives us 3 1/2 months to complete the season but we could bypass the all-star break and wrap things up more quickly.

Now, if those timelines are sufficient enough or they need tweaking that's no problem, at least we have the basis for a general timeframe.

To keep participation up, my idea is rather simple:

1) GM's must submit lines every week or ask for auto lines during periods they are not available

2) GM's must respond to league-wide polls, trade offers and a GM roll call to remain in the league

3) A point system be introduced and maintained and those points be used for various things such as Arena upgrades, sponsorships/endorsements etc.

4) Weekly winners of participation points but the same GM can't win every week...that needs some tweaking but hopefully you understand the reasoning

5) When a GM is recruited, he/she must agree to the new rules of the Participation Points Award Program (PPAP) or face the possibility of fines, player suspensions or eventual dismissal and a ban from the NASHL

The NASHL is a SIM League that needs GM's to be active in every sense of the word...if you look to the left of your screen you'll see the top posters, we need everyone to be over half, to stay viable and keep the league afloat.

I believe that with a scheduled vacation break we eleviate the possibility of huge swings in participation and thus increase the viability of the NASHL.
Back to top Go down
habs1909

habs1909

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: League Participation Suggestion   League Participation Suggestion I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 4:54 pm

i like the new years idea, everything else is close to what we do now with lines and the league related stuff pretty good ideas we need a valid point system that works
Back to top Go down
http://canadiens.nhl.com/index.html
WashingtonGM

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2009-03-27

PostSubject: Re: League Participation Suggestion   League Participation Suggestion I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 5:10 pm

the only problem with submitting lines for me is i have a mac computer, if someone wants to help me with that please PM me.

agreed on all others
Back to top Go down
WashingtonGM

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2009-03-27

PostSubject: Re: League Participation Suggestion   League Participation Suggestion I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 7:00 pm

also, how bout for every x-amount of posts you get....

a) $$$
b) some sort of upgrade
c) i dont know lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: League Participation Suggestion   League Participation Suggestion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

League Participation Suggestion
Page 1 of 1