National All-Star Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National All-Star Hockey League

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inStandingsRostersToday's GamesEndorsementsPower RankingsGM ListFull Stat IndexScheduleWaiversLeaderboardFree AgentsRulesLeague FilesLeague HistoryPlayoffs
Latest topics
» Playoffs Started
No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:06 am by James

» grey cup final
No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 10:19 pm by habs1909

» Another Idea
No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 2:45 pm by jschofield

» Panthers Playoff Push
No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 3:13 pm by stadnyk

» News Report: New York Islanders To Stock Up On Lube
No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 1:37 pm by GoSensGo

» h1n1 shot
No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 5:43 pm by habs1909

» quack quack
No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 2:49 am by James

» Season 6 Changes
No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 6:32 pm by James

» Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis
No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:37 pm by James

» Contract Extensions
No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:03 am by James

Top posters
James
No Leaf Fans here? I_vote_lcapNo Leaf Fans here? I_voting_barNo Leaf Fans here? I_vote_rcap 
habs1909
No Leaf Fans here? I_vote_lcapNo Leaf Fans here? I_voting_barNo Leaf Fans here? I_vote_rcap 
WashingtonGM
Duckies-GM
stadnyk
Carolina_GM
IslesGM
Dallas
jschofield
NYRangers

No Leaf Fans here?

Go down 
+5
IslesGM
James
habs1909
stadnyk
Duckies-GM
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Duckies-GM
Admin
Duckies-GM

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2009-03-09

No Leaf Fans here? Empty
PostSubject: No Leaf Fans here?   No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 7:43 pm

Burke pulls off the biggest trade since taking over the Buds, and possibly the biggest trade since the Leafs acquired Sundin...and no one says 'boo'?

What gives?

This is a time for Leaf fans to finally be excited. Burke surrounded his young players with tough, gritty guys that could protect them. He knew what he was doing. Now he's gone out and got himself a bonified first liner in Kessel.

It's a good day to be a Leaf fan, for sure!

And it's a good a reason as any for people on this board to start yappin' at each other. I mean, I am by NO means a very active person here. Seriously. The only reason James hasn't fired me is because I have video footage of that incident back in '98.

Alas...I'm sworn to secrecy.

For now...

Anywho...now the Leafs have a solid D core. They have an abundance of talented young forwards, as well as a few vets that can dangle with the best of 'em. Hopefully Vesa returns to form and the 'Monster' proves he's exactly that...we'll have a good shot at a playoff spot this season.

I'm not one of those disallusioned Leaf fans, so I won't tell you that 'this is our year', or anything...but step-by-step, we're on our way back. Burke's doing a great job so far...can't wait to see what his next move's going to be. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.skwidslair.net
stadnyk

stadnyk

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-04-14

No Leaf Fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Leaf Fans here?   No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 7:47 pm

Noone cares about Leaf fans your just trying to draw attention.
Back to top Go down
habs1909

habs1909

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-25

No Leaf Fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Leaf Fans here?   No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 8:23 pm

hes gonna put in the sharpshooter now
Back to top Go down
http://canadiens.nhl.com/index.html
Duckies-GM
Admin
Duckies-GM

No Leaf Fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Leaf Fans here?   No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 9:14 pm

stadnyk wrote:
Noone cares about Leaf fans your just trying to draw attention.
Thank you for your contribution.

The Leafs sell out every single game. EVERY game. And they'll continue to do so until the USA finally invades Canada, takes note of Calgary and renames the country 'Nashville North'.

That aside, the southern states are also sellouts when the Buds are in town.

Montreal, Detroit, Chicago, Buffalo and Ottawa also sell out when Toronto is in town (though admittedly, Detroit and Montreal do just fine on their own as well).

The Western Canada teams sell out when Toronto's in town.

Basically, there aren't too many teams that don't have a full house when Toronto comes to visit. Maybe it's because they have so many fans all over the continent.

Maybe it's because people only go to games when they think their team will win.

Maybe it's because Toronto's 'tradition' as an original six team has kept them in the minds of hockey fans everywhere, fan or not.

Perhaps people don't 'care about leaf fans'...and that's fine (*though untrue). They obviously care about the team.

*When someone doesn't care about something, they don't talk about it, as it doesn't interest them. People talk about Leaf fans EVERYwhere. Of all the fans in hockey, Leaf fans are the single most talked about in North America.

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-03-10

No Leaf Fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Leaf Fans here?   No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:19 pm

Calgary sells out fine on their own, they don't need the Leafs in town. Though admittedly that 8-6 goal fest last season was as much a reason as any for Flames fans to want Toronto to stay out of Alberta in the future.

And that incident in '98? I was 7 in 98 Surprised

You sick bastard!
Back to top Go down
IslesGM

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-03-27

No Leaf Fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Leaf Fans here?   No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 7:50 pm

Skwid = A MLG usher? No Leaf Fans here? Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
WashingtonGM

Number of posts : 232

No Leaf Fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Leaf Fans here?   No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 8:45 pm

leafs=yuck
Back to top Go down
Duckies-GM
Admin
Duckies-GM

No Leaf Fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Leaf Fans here?   No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 8:58 pm

For the life of me, I can't figure out why there's no one posting on these boards...................
Back to top Go down
habs1909

habs1909

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-25

No Leaf Fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Leaf Fans here?   No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 10:52 pm

i understand what u mean, i cant even come up with anymore a ideas i try to contribute to what i can, shall we go the wrestling thread
Back to top Go down
http://canadiens.nhl.com/index.html
James
Admin
James

No Leaf Fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Leaf Fans here?   No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 12:17 am

Join the club guys!
Back to top Go down
stadnyk

stadnyk

No Leaf Fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Leaf Fans here?   No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 12:42 am

Maybe posting nudie pics of Jame's gf would liven things up?
Back to top Go down
Duckies-GM
Admin
Duckies-GM

No Leaf Fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Leaf Fans here?   No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 11:08 am

She doesn't look as good naked as you'd think.

My point about forum activity is simply that it's not going to make a difference what anyone does. I know not everyone is a Leaf fan, but usually HOCKEY fans will discuss trades between teams they don't follow.

We just seem to have a group here that isn't much into discussion in general. That in itself discourages the people that 'are', because they attempt to get a discussion going and it just gets met with one line answers...usually completely off-topic or highly critical of the content.

Until THAT changes, forum activity won't.
Back to top Go down
stadnyk

stadnyk

No Leaf Fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Leaf Fans here?   No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 1:13 pm

Personally i could give a rats ass about the leafs, management gives fans false hope every season and Leaf fans give themselves false hope every season, yes Kessel will help the leafs big time, Gustavsson will fall flat on his face, if you want to talk about a team talk about Vancouver they re-signed the Sedins and Luongo to long term contratcs, those 3 individuals have more value to their team then the Leafs off season signings their impact players without a doubt Gustavsson would'nt even be allowed to piss in the same toilet as Luongo. Therefore the Leafs and their fans can go gobble on some extra foreskin that was taken from Ron Jeremy's rooster, and bury their heads in shame. Vancouver is a legit contender for the Cup this season.

Last edited by stadnyk on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

No Leaf Fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Leaf Fans here?   No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 8:47 pm

Lets talk about Fleury and Calgary!

He's been pretty good so far in the pre-season, and I'm hoping to see him and Dawes on the 2nd line centered by Langkow. But whatever works best I guess. Glencross has been solid too, but they don't have a guy to make up for losing Cammalleri unless Jokinen steps it up huge.
Back to top Go down
stadnyk

stadnyk

No Leaf Fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Leaf Fans here?   No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 9:24 pm

[quote="James"]Lets talk about Fleury and Calgary!

He's been pretty good so far in the pre-season, and I'm hoping to see him and Dawes on the 2nd line centered by Langkow. But whatever works best I guess. Glencross has been solid too, but they don't have a guy to make up for losing Cammalleri unless Jokinen steps it up huge.[/quote]

Kipper needs to step up his game for the Flames to compete.
Back to top Go down
IslesGM

Number of posts : 79

No Leaf Fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Leaf Fans here?   No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 9:54 pm

I think Kippers just burnt out. Season after season of playing 65 games behind Anders Erickson and other scrubs will take a toll on a dude.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

No Leaf Fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Leaf Fans here?   No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 10:01 pm

stadnyk wrote:
James wrote:
Lets talk about Fleury and Calgary!

He's been pretty good so far in the pre-season, and I'm hoping to see him and Dawes on the 2nd line centered by Langkow. But whatever works best I guess. Glencross has been solid too, but they don't have a guy to make up for losing Cammalleri unless Jokinen steps it up huge.

Kipper needs to step up his game for the Flames to compete.

Yea that's true. Should be a good contest between Calgary and Vancouver
for the division title though. Vancouver has a nice potent offense with
a great goaltender. I'd be slightly worried about the defensive core
though, but with bringing in Ehrhoff and Schneider, they should be
pretty solid.

Calgary has a solid defense (or wall), and I'm not
sold yet on their offense but it looks pretty good so far. Kipper I'm
still worried about, he has yet to regain that 2004 Cup form that
nearly won Calgary their 2nd Cup, but it's there somewhere. Maybe if he
played around 65 games this season he'd do better in the playoffs.
He's played 70+ behind a pretty weak defense for a few seasons. I was never too confident in anyone besides Regehr and Phaneuf (who's play dropped drastically since his rookie year).

Either way, only the defense has given me reason to be confident.
Looking at game sheets though: get rid of J-Bo. He's STILL picking up
minus ratings.
Back to top Go down
jschofield

jschofield

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-04-08

No Leaf Fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Leaf Fans here?   No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 5:58 pm

Well, Fleury got cut

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=292512

I thought he might stick to be honest, but c'est la vie. He was a great player though back in the day, and it was nice to see him play again.

I wonder if he gets picked up by someone else?
Back to top Go down
jschofield

jschofield

No Leaf Fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Leaf Fans here?   No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 6:13 pm

Oh, and in reference to everybody's wondering about activity, I have a couple of EASY solutions (well, it's easy for everybody but James)

1. Get rid of dead weight teams/sinkholes (6 teams probably), and have a dispersal draft
2. Get rid of a shit load of teams, say 14-18 teams, then only allow remaining teams to keep 6 players, then have a MASSIVE draft
3. Start completely from scratch with 09-10 rosters, and call it NASHL2 (I would probably only support this though if we went back to FHL, which I also know would not happen. If we did something like this and stayed with STHS, I would likely be out, I just cannot get used to STHS leagues, which is also why I have not made a ton of moves this season, like I usually do). The catch with this though, is that anybody who stays, should have to stay as the GM for the corresponding team (IE. I would still be the Edmonton GM, James as Calgary, etc.).

Another solution too that could help us attract GMs, is actually having a home page, rather than JUST boards (even though I will admit, these boards are awesome).
Back to top Go down
Duckies-GM
Admin
Duckies-GM

No Leaf Fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Leaf Fans here?   No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 6:40 pm

Here's what makes me cry about the Fleury deal. Once the season starts, Glencross is going to fall back into his top nine role (he's a great third liner) and Fleury will already be gone.

The smart thing to have done was to keep Theo in the top six --because he's awesome-- and leave Curtis and Conroy together as a great shutdown tandem.

If no one else takes a chance on Theo, that would be sad for THEM. He deserves it...and if Toronto didn't already have too many damn forwards, I'd want him in blue and white for sure.

I would have no problem with Jake's suggestions...however, I'm not sure I could stick with another FHL league. That said, you'd end up losing one of us if you took him up on his suggestion. lol
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

No Leaf Fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Leaf Fans here?   No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 6:44 pm

To be honest Jake, I don't much like the idea of cutting teams, and I find it hard to get used to STHS as well. STHS has been great for me as a Commish though, really makes everything a lot easier.

jschofield wrote:
Well, Fleury got cut

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=292512

I thought he might stick to be honest, but c'est la vie. He was a great player though back in the day, and it was nice to see him play again.

I wonder if he gets picked up by someone else?

That's stupid. I'd say Fleury could easily crack the top 6. I'd put him behind only Iginla, Jokinen, Langkow and Bourque. I'd slot Nigel Dawes as #6. But w/e, it's past, he's not playing for Calgary, and he had a great run nontheless.
Back to top Go down
jschofield

jschofield

No Leaf Fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Leaf Fans here?   No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 7:05 pm

Yeah, I understand that from a commish's perspective, STHS is wayyy better (I should know, I have tried it before, and damn does it have great features).

That's kinda why I threw the NASHL2 idea out there, cause it means no team cutting, you will know who will stay, and then you can rebuild from there, since the rosters would be totally fresh. That and it's an excuse to go back to FHL lol (though I bet I am probably in the minority on this point).
Back to top Go down
stadnyk

stadnyk

No Leaf Fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Leaf Fans here?   No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 8:13 pm

Less talking and more sims.
Back to top Go down
devilsgm

devilsgm

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-09-22

No Leaf Fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Leaf Fans here?   No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 1:40 am

I think New Jersey could make good use of Fleury. I would really like to see a lineup something like below, and I think Fleury's game would really compliment the system. With Lemaire back behind the bench the Devils are going to be playing a trap again, and the trap tends to open up lots of breakaway opportunities. As we saw in the pre-season, Fleury is fairly good at breakaways. Also, with Elias at center you have a player that can both score and make plays, while Rolston adds a wicked slapshot to the mix. Not only that, but Rolston also has a knack for putting up points in a defensive system. He thrives in defensive systems and falters in offensive systems. Odd, but whatever works I guess... lol

Line 1/2: Parise - Zajac - Langenbrunner
Line 1/2: Fleury - Elias - Rolston
Line 3: Shanahan - Niedermayer - Clarkson
Line 4: Pandolfo - Zubrus - Bergfors
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-04-22

No Leaf Fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Leaf Fans here?   No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:37 pm

Gustavsson is god, very very impressed with him

Who cares about teh Devils and Flames anyways
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

No Leaf Fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Leaf Fans here?   No Leaf Fans here? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No Leaf Fans here?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
National All-Star Hockey League :: General :: Bored Room-
Jump to: