National All-Star Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National All-Star Hockey League

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inStandingsRostersToday's GamesEndorsementsPower RankingsGM ListFull Stat IndexScheduleWaiversLeaderboardFree AgentsRulesLeague FilesLeague HistoryPlayoffs
Latest topics
» Playoffs Started
Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:06 am by James

» grey cup final
Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 10:19 pm by habs1909

» Another Idea
Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 2:45 pm by jschofield

» Panthers Playoff Push
Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 3:13 pm by stadnyk

» News Report: New York Islanders To Stock Up On Lube
Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 1:37 pm by GoSensGo

» h1n1 shot
Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 5:43 pm by habs1909

» quack quack
Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 2:49 am by James

» Season 6 Changes
Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 6:32 pm by James

» Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis
Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:37 pm by James

» Contract Extensions
Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:03 am by James

Top posters
James
Playoffs Started I_vote_lcapPlayoffs Started I_voting_barPlayoffs Started I_vote_rcap 
habs1909
Playoffs Started I_vote_lcapPlayoffs Started I_voting_barPlayoffs Started I_vote_rcap 
WashingtonGM
Duckies-GM
stadnyk
Carolina_GM
IslesGM
Dallas
jschofield
NYRangers

Playoffs Started

Go down 
+2
stadnyk
James
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
James
Admin
James

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Playoffs Started Empty
PostSubject: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:44 pm

I've simmed the first game of each series, but forgot to ask Skwid to update the links to show for the Playoffs now.. so that should come up sometime soon, whenever he gets my message I hope.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

Playoffs Started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:58 pm

Game 1 Wins

Pro: Rangers, Ottawa, Boston, Quebec, Dallas, LA, Anaheim, Calgary

Farm: Lowell, Hershey, Norfolk, Hartford, Syracuse, Chops, Springfield, Grand Rapids
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

Playoffs Started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 3:21 am

Unless you guys would rather I sim, I plan to hold off until we get the links updated.
Back to top Go down
stadnyk

stadnyk

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Playoffs Started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 9:41 am

wait, but hurry man hurry
Back to top Go down
Duckies-GM
Admin
Duckies-GM

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Playoffs Started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 5:15 am

Link is up. Sorry if it took so long...been a weird couple of weeks.

Also, Sunday night/Monday morning I'm hoping to have the menu fixed. Finally have some time to start taking care of some of these things. lol

Good luck to all in the playoffs!!! (but, uh...let me win, okay?)
Back to top Go down
http://www.skwidslair.net
James
Admin
James

Playoffs Started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 3:34 pm

Lol thanks man, back to simming tonight, might be a late sim though!
Back to top Go down
Duckies-GM
Admin
Duckies-GM

Playoffs Started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 4:24 am

All buttons are done again, other than the playoff button, which I don't seem to have. I'll have to create that one.

We also shouldn't run into that issue of disappearing buttons anymore, either. Smile
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

Playoffs Started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 12:47 am

Register button too, but thanks a lot!!
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

Playoffs Started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 3:47 am

!! Calgary/Anaheim series, both teams swept their first round opponent. Nashville and Phoenix stood no chance for Anaheim and Calgary respectively. Hard to say which team will take this matchup as these are the top two teams so far, but I'll have to say Anaheim.

Florida has a tough match against Quebec (Quebec will move on), and Dallas/Edmonton should be a nice series too, though I'd give it to the Oils.

The Islanders/Rangers combo should be great though, shall I set a rivalry between the two New York teams? I give the edge to the Rangers though.

So I'll go ahead and predict a Conference Finals matchup of Quebec/NYRangers and Edmonton/Anaheim.
Back to top Go down
Duckies-GM
Admin
Duckies-GM

Playoffs Started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 4:23 am

Flattery will get you nowhere, Jimbo...YOU'RE GOING DOWN!
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

Playoffs Started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 12:20 pm

I know lol, it's your faceoff percentages and PK that's gonna get me unless I can figure Backstrom out.
Back to top Go down
stadnyk

stadnyk

Playoffs Started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 12:36 pm

Florida staved off elimination staring down a golf course in Game 7 trailing 3-1 after 40 min, the Panthers looked doomed, Wojtek Wolski scored 9:09 into the 3rd pulling the deficit to 1, but out of nowhere the never say die Panthers tied the game with 0:59 sec remaining, with the game deemed for Overtime the Panthers pulled it out of a hat and with only 1 second remaing came back from a 3-2 series and a 3-1 3rd period deficit, to steal the series away from the Boston Bruins, both last minute goals were scored by Jussi Jokinen. The Panthers also got help from seldom used G-Tobias Stephan who came in and started game 6 after All-Star Ondrej Pavelec was given the hook after a mediocre performance up until that time, Stephan also got the nod in Game 7 and came up big when he had to. Tobias will also be given the starting nod, as they head into another tough series against the Quebec Nordiques, and expect another 7 game series in this matchup. On a sad note Florida will be without youngster C-Logan Cotoure who will miss the entire series and possiblly more if the Panthers advance to the Semis, this is a key loss for the Panthers club, Cotoure will be missed in this series, to take his place Florida called up C-Riley Holzapfel who had a great campaign in Rochester, Riley has big shoes to fill but he is confident in geting the job done.
Back to top Go down
NYRangers

NYRangers

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Playoffs Started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 8:36 pm

One sure thing: there's gonna be a lot of action in the Big Apple for the next days!

My Rangers had a great season compared to the Isles, but the playoffs are a different story. These underdogs, if I can call them that way Playoffs Started Icon_wink, surely did an incredible job against Ottawa's powerhouse. The young guns of the Islanders literally shut down the top line of their rival in the 1st round. Havlat, Backstrom and Stillman have registered only 3, 2 and 1 games respectively in 6 games...

Hopefully, my top line will be able to continu it's great work and we'll see a completely different scenario Playoffs Started Icon_twisted . Good luck to all in that second round of playoffs!
Back to top Go down
stadnyk

stadnyk

Playoffs Started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 9:40 pm

Although the Panthers have won game 1 over Quebec in a 4-3 OT thriller the Panthers have an addition to Cotoure have lost top forward Wojtek Wolski for the remainder of the series and possiblly the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

Playoffs Started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 3:04 am

Well at least the Flames put up a good Game 6. Here's the highlights of the last minute:

Quote :
Matt Keetley is pulled from the net.

Bobby Ryan moves puck in Calgary Flames zone. Pass to Erik Johnson.
Pass to Fabian Brunnstrom. Shot by Fabian Brunnstrom. Shot Misses the
Net.

Free Puck Retrieved by Laurance Atopay for Anaheim Ducks. Pass to
Bobby Ryan. Shot by Bobby Ryan. Shot Blocked by Andrej Meszaros.

Free
Puck Retrieved by Bobby Ryan for Anaheim Ducks. Shot by Bobby Ryan.
Shot Misses the Net.

Free Puck Retrieved by Craig Conroy for Anaheim
Ducks. Shot by Craig Conroy. Shot Blocked by Jason Smith.
Back to top Go down
Duckies-GM
Admin
Duckies-GM

Playoffs Started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 8:39 pm

You did indeed put up a good fight...if, by that, you mean you were busy blocking shots in your end at your most desperate moment...y'know, instead of swarming the opposition's goaltender. Wink

bahah.

Anaheim's goin' all the way, infidels!

FEAR THE QUACK!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

Playoffs Started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:08 pm

Iginla was scratched due to exhaustion Sad
Back to top Go down
devilsgm

devilsgm

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Playoffs Started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:26 pm

Well, my Devils look like they're going to take the Cup! Unfortunately it's Lowell and Calder, rather than New Jersey and Stanley... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
stadnyk

stadnyk

Playoffs Started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:46 pm

Did anyone here pick the Panthers to make the conference finals, and by any chance are you doubters taking the Panthers to upset the highly favoured Rangers? If not the Panthers are roaring to go and ready to pull of a huge upset.
Back to top Go down
stadnyk

stadnyk

Playoffs Started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:46 pm

Did anyone here pick the Panthers to make the conference finals, and by any chance are you doubters taking the Panthers to upset the highly favoured Rangers? If not the Panthers are roaring to go and ready to pull of a huge upset.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

Playoffs Started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 1:44 am

I was wrong about Dallas and Florida, and right about Rangers and Ducks.

I say Rangers and Ducks advance again (even though both lost game 1 lol).
Back to top Go down
stadnyk

stadnyk

Playoffs Started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 2:19 am

Dammit, what next how many injuries am i going to get Fisher is done for good now all my star players are biting the dust, i can't believe it, i'm afraid this 1 is going to do me in i'm DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!
Back to top Go down
devilsgm

devilsgm

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Playoffs Started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 4:19 pm

Hey Paul, Jeffrey, can you guys pick up the pace? I'm waiting for my trip to the Calder Cup Finals. Can't you guys win a series in 4 games? I mean, come on. I have to wait ages between every 4 games! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
NYRangers

NYRangers

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Playoffs Started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 9:37 pm

You won't have to wait too long since the panthers won the 4th game and it's now 3-1 :\ I guess that things aren't going to good for me hehe. It's not yet over but meh Razz
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

Playoffs Started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 12:00 am

Ouch.. first time all series that NYR and Anaheim send lines and they both get bombed. Florida/Dallas final gents, I give it to Dallas in 6.

Way to break tradition Skwid. This is the first season the Cup winner hasn't been Calgary or the team that knocked them out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Playoffs Started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoffs Started   Playoffs Started I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playoffs Started
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next