National All-Star Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National All-Star Hockey League

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inStandingsRostersToday's GamesEndorsementsPower RankingsGM ListFull Stat IndexScheduleWaiversLeaderboardFree AgentsRulesLeague FilesLeague HistoryPlayoffs
Latest topics
» Playoffs Started
The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:06 am by James

» grey cup final
The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 10:19 pm by habs1909

» Another Idea
The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 2:45 pm by jschofield

» Panthers Playoff Push
The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 3:13 pm by stadnyk

» News Report: New York Islanders To Stock Up On Lube
The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 1:37 pm by GoSensGo

» h1n1 shot
The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 5:43 pm by habs1909

» quack quack
The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 2:49 am by James

» Season 6 Changes
The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 6:32 pm by James

» Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis
The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:37 pm by James

» Contract Extensions
The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:03 am by James

Top posters
James
The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_vote_lcapThe Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_voting_barThe Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_vote_rcap 
habs1909
The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_vote_lcapThe Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_voting_barThe Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_vote_rcap 
WashingtonGM
Duckies-GM
stadnyk
Carolina_GM
IslesGM
Dallas
jschofield
NYRangers

The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Duckies-GM
Admin
Duckies-GM

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2009-03-09

The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread   The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 10:52 pm

This thread is dedicated to the discussion of all things wrestling. The occasional mention of MMA shall be tolerated, so long as it is NOT abused! :Suspect:

Warning! The presence of Ale is fairly common in this thread. Proceed with caution!
Back to top Go down
http://www.skwidslair.net
habs1909

habs1909

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread   The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 7:34 pm

well im glad that this was made, lets get to it. first i only watch wwe. tna. roh, ufc, mma of anykind is absolutely not watched by me at all. so orton hhh match is overshadowing hbk undertaker match which had the potential to be the main event. as for edge cena show's match if i don't even see it i won't even care thats hoe terrible of a match that is
Back to top Go down
http://canadiens.nhl.com/index.html
Duckies-GM
Admin
Duckies-GM

PostSubject: Re: The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread   The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 3:41 am

Cena and Edge are both rumoured to be taking time off soon, meaning that it's possible Show will end up champ.

Ugh.

The Orton/HHH match is one I'm definitely looking forward to this Sunday. I'm hoping it's going to be brutal. Both guys have the potential to inflict and take a lot of damage in the ring.

Here's the thing about the HBK/Taker match: There's all this hype, just like every year, that 'this' is going to be the WrestleMania where Taker finally loses. Of course, we all know he won't but WWE loves to push that 'Anything Can Happen' crap on us to the brink putting us on the edge of our seats in anticipation of Taker taking one on the chin.

It just isn't going to happen, though, and that's why it shouldn't be the main event.

Tough choice for the Ms. WrestleMania rumble. I'm torn...there's so many that they could give it to. I'm going to have to go with Beth, though, unless they give it to Trish for being the ultimate Diva.
Back to top Go down
habs1909

habs1909

PostSubject: Re: The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread   The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 2:48 pm

for the whc match i think cena's gonna do the same thing to the big show that hogan did to andre body slam then leg drop and its gonna go down in history as that.

wwe champ match is the most personal i wish their was a few moe weeks to build onto it since vince came back but either way its quite the memoralbal match to come.

and hbk taker its so obvious its all looking good for hbk hes always coming out on top i just hope taker wins with the tombstone rather than the hells gate its just more exciting.

for miss wrestlemania i'm expecting mae young to run away with it but with all the other hot bods around probably beth. im just hoping santino makes his way in somehow. i think on the picture they showed theirs only 19 so who knows
Back to top Go down
Duckies-GM
Admin
Duckies-GM

PostSubject: Re: The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread   The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 5:59 pm

There's a few 'surprises' coming. They tried getting a few of the former girls back...like Wendy Richter and Lita. I believe there'll be 25 in total.
Back to top Go down
habs1909

habs1909

PostSubject: Re: The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread   The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 6:37 pm

i dunno if u watched the press conference on wwe.com its 45 mins long and they give a few names of old one making a return
Back to top Go down
Duckies-GM
Admin
Duckies-GM

PostSubject: Re: The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread   The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 3:32 am

Never got to see it, no. Can't be bothered to sit there for that long watching people talk. Smile
Back to top Go down
habs1909

habs1909

PostSubject: Re: The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread   The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 12:26 pm

it wasn't the best thing i guess if i were their live its pretty much when its interesting
Back to top Go down
Duckies-GM
Admin
Duckies-GM

PostSubject: Re: The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread   The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 6:49 pm

So...predictions!

Chris Jericho vs. Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka, 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper and Rickie 'The Dragon' Steamboat w/ 'The Nature Boy' Rick Flair in their corner.
The Legends take this one. Jericho will dominate, for the most part, but the old guys will pull it off. Flair will get involved in some fashion, costing Y2J the match...I don't believe Mickey Rourke will have any impact on this match.

25 Diva Battle Royal
This is definitely a tough one. There are so many possibilities. Trish could win, due to the fact that she's the fan favourite. Melina could take it, as this is her type of atmosphere. Beth could take it, as she's the dominant Diva. Mae Young could take it just because that's something the idiot writers would do. And then there's Santino...if he's in the match, I'm actually picking him. lol But, all things being equal, I think Trish is going to take it.

Money in the Bank Ladder Match - Kane, Kofi Kingston, Christian, MVP, Shelton Benjamin, CM Punk, Finlay and Mark Henry
Since the winner of this match gets a shot at one of the major titles, there are some people we can rule out automatically. Benjamin, Finlay and Kingston are not championship material at this point in their careers (though I think Hornswoggle will play a big part in helping Finlay). Finlay probably deserves a shot...but it ain't going to happen. Henry is too damn heavy for the ladder. Kane has held a major title for 24hrs of his entire career, and is too much of a fan favourite without the title to justify giving it to him. It comes down to Punk, Christian and MVP. They've been pushing MVP big time...Punk has already had his dream run, and Christian seems to be a guy they just aren't sure what to do with yet. However, if Edge happened to retain, wouldn't it be cool to see Edge vs. Christian for the title? Anywho...my money's on MVP.

Primo and Carlito (WWE Tag Team Champs) vs. Miz and John Morrison (World Tag Champs) in a Tag Title Unification Match
This pick is based entirely on the fact that M&M are one of my favourite tag teams of all time. I would love to see these guys go up against TNA's Beer Money. Primo and Carlito are just too hokey for my liking. Not sure how the Bella Twins will play a part in all this, but I hope Nikki ends up with M&M...she's my favourite of the two. Wink

Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker
Mr. Wrestlemania vs. 'The Streak'. It's been hyped to death (no pun intended) but the bottom line is that Taker is not going to have his streak broken. He doesn't ask for much in the business. Unlike guys like Cena, Edge, HHH and Orton, he isn't defined by the strap. Going undefeated at WM is his claim to fame, and it's not going to end. Ever.

Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy (Extreme Rules)
Every WM there's always that one match (other than the Undertaker match) that's kind of a 'given'. Jeff wins this one, completes the retribution on his brother and reveals to the world that the girlfriend everyone saw at the car accident wasn't really his girlfriend, because his real g/f just isn't that cute!

JBL (Champ) vs. Rey Mysterio (Intercontinental Championship)
What is it with former world champions settling for the IC belt? I understand Rey...he's small. Anyway, I'm not sure if Rey's ever held the IC belt, which could be a big reason to put it around his waist...which is likely to happen.

Edge (Champ) vs. John Cena vs. The Big Show (World Championship)
If the rumours are true, Edge and Cena will fall to the Show and take some much needed time off. I know this match is going to be a letdown. Edge and Cena always put on a good match, but as soon as Big Show is involved in a match, it becomes a slow, dull time waster that makes everyone wish he'd just stayed in WCW. I'm going to ignore the rumours and call Cena on this one. It will be short-lived, though, as he's about to go into production of another movie.

HHH (Champ) vs. Randy Orton (WWE Championship)
Of course, Legacy will be in Orton's corner...but I'm betting they get tossed from ringside early OR are neutralized by Vince and Shane. Hopefully Steph's in HHH's corner as well. If this wasn't such a 'personal' issue, I'd put my money on Orton as they want everyone to take him seriously as a top contender. That said, he'll likely get another shot when all his is over...for now, HHH will not be dropping the belt to his former Evolution running mate in this one. I'm a little disappointed this isn't a Hell in a Cell match, but it should be pretty brutal, nonetheless. I'm predicting a fair bit of bloodshed.

Unceremoniously Yours,
Skwid.
Back to top Go down
habs1909

habs1909

PostSubject: Re: The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread   The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:08 pm

Chris Jericho vs. Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka, 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper and Rickie 'The Dragon' Steamboat w/ 'The Nature Boy' Rick Flair in their corner. legends will take it for sure i just hope jericho doesnt go back to face.

25 Diva Battle Royal. for sure a former girl so we can see them perphaps for one last time its also for that 7th inning stretch for all the male viewers.

Money in the Bank Ladder Match - Kane, Kofi Kingston, Christian, MVP, Shelton Benjamin, CM Punk, Finlay and Mark Henry. mvp for sure. the sudden face turn winning streak hes been their long enough to get a big push and can carry the weight of a champion, shelton deserves it as well but he needs change a bit to get into that possition. christian just needs some time i don't like when sudden returns mean big. like cena at the 2008 rumble. for jerichos return after like 9 months he starting seeing some major titles and major involvement.

Primo and Carlito (WWE Tag Team Champs) vs. Miz and John Morrison (World Tag Champs) in a Tag Title Unification Match. m&m are so good and really have a good thing going. many internet people want them to brake up but these are the next big guys if they play it right. it good u can tell the bellas apart i think maybe a little fight at ring side that causes a distraction and m or m doesnt care like the colon's will.

Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker. no doubt the undertaker. hopefully cole doesnt call this match cause last year he said the strak is over like 20 times during the match. either way hopefully it stands out when they make a huge deal of wrestlemania in futur years. and not like if taker loses we'll forget him. i heard di biase jr gonna end the streak in a few years.

Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy (Extreme Rules). jeff has had all this bad stuff happening that hes gonna prove that hes still got it. im not that excited for this match at all.

JBL (Champ) vs. Rey Mysterio (Intercontinental Championship) reys gonna win but i really dont like him hes pretty much done hes to old to do what hes doing. he doesnt reall deserve it but its kinda a slap in the face match for jbl

Edge (Champ) vs. John Cena vs. The Big Show (World Championship) i think cena cuase this is the huge event and the futur of this industry show doesnt have much i think cena and edge will team up againt show.

HHH (Champ) vs. Randy Orton (WWE Championship). i think ppl will be in their corners but the ref can throw everyone out except vince. i wouldnt be surprised if this goes on and their be a niac match soon uknow some 3 on 3
Back to top Go down
habs1909

habs1909

PostSubject: Re: The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread   The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 10:51 pm

Chris Jericho vs. Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka, 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper and Rickie 'The Dragon' Steamboat w/ 'The Nature Boy' Rick Flair. im surprised somewhat obviously y2j's in better shape but mickey rourke jumps the gate and slaps him y does this always happen

25 Diva Battle Royal. at first i coudn't stand santina but when i realized it was him i was happy he won. pretty ugly though

Money in the Bank Ladder Match - Kane, Kofi Kingston, Christian, MVP, Shelton Benjamin, CM Punk, Finlay and Mark Henry. intense match shelton jumping off the top pretty cool but i thought for sure theyed use this to give someone a push

Primo and Carlito (WWE Tag Team Champs) vs. Miz and John Morrison (World Tag Champs) in a Tag Title Unification Match. y was this a dark match still didnt expect the out some

Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker. sick so long match lot of back and fourth best of the night like usual undertaker stole the show

Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy (Extreme Rules). pretty extreme the grabage can and crutch was good

JBL (Champ) vs. Rey Mysterio (Intercontinental Championship) jbl shouldnt have quite i cant stand how the 619 beats everyone, but atleast jbl part of the triple crown champ

Edge (Champ) vs. John Cena vs. The Big Show (World Championship) john cena had a crazy entrance but it was a hard fought victory

HHH (Champ) vs. Randy Orton (WWE Championship). like usual the game got away with everything orton should get a second shot
Back to top Go down
Thrashers GM

Thrashers GM

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-04-08

PostSubject: Re: The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread   The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 7:54 am

HHH/Orton was decent match, but once again WWE dropped the ball. They should've put the Michaels/Taker match last..Everybody knew that match was going to steal the show, and it did. The three matches that followed HBK/Taker were not as well recieved as they could've been. the crowd was exhausted after that great match. JBL retiring was in the cards for a while, especially after the departure of Tazz. Expect to see JBL as a color guy on Smackdown in the next few weeks...Overall, it was an ok show, although i'm disappointed that they made the tag team match a dark match.
Back to top Go down
habs1909

habs1909

PostSubject: Re: The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread   The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 7:15 pm

i don't know if jbl will be behind the table again. he should have been gm of smackdown, teddy ecw, and vickie raw it made some sense. and can u belive miz and morison even lost the rematch
Back to top Go down
Duckies-GM
Admin
Duckies-GM

PostSubject: Re: The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread   The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 8:55 pm

I never did get to see the tag match...which sucks because M&M are awesome.

The Taker/HBK match did indeed steal the show. I thought the ending to the main event was weak...very anti-climatic. Being a HUGE HHH fan, I was disappointed in how it finished. Interesting to see Batista back, though...way early.

JBL will indeed be behind the announce table, likely after a bit of time off. Talk about putting Rey over huge. Kudos to JBL for sacrificing his self-worth like that...class act by a class guy.

For the record, I'm glad Matt won. Jeff will always be popular. Matt has always been the guy that has to work his butt off to get anywhere in that company, so getting the clean win over Jeff was a pretty big deal. I'm sure Jeff will get his revenge at Backlash, though.

Skwid - 5/9
Ale - 4/8 (you didn't actually pick a winner for the main event)

I was a little disappointed in the Diva match. I love the idea, as it gets all the women in the biz involved, but it didn't go off well. Victoria and Sunny were huge returns, and were barely noticeable. Victoria's in-ring 'commentary' was badly missed...they could have done that for old-times' sake. (Fave quote by Victoria "There's no crying in wrestling!")

As much of a fan fave Sunny was...you had to watch carefully just to know she was there. And, though I like the Santina story-line, the first Ms, WM really should have gone to a deserving Diva. I think that perhaps it should be the 'dark match' from now on, if they're just going to rush through it.

For a runner up as match of the eve, I'm going to go with the MitB match. Everyone in that match pulled some crazy stuff. I'm not a Kofi fan by any means...but climbing that ladder with Henry holding on was nuts. Good job on Henry for catching him...that could have been real bad.

Are they EVER going to do anything with Christian? With Edge taking a bit of time off, and Vicky likely to let her relationship with Show flourish (especially after now two spears by Edge), I'd like to see Edge come back and reunite with Christian for a bit. I think that would rock. Hopefully Christian will head to a major show in the draft.

By the way...the Dragon was fantastic! I know he's not as good as he used to be...but when you compare him to other 'legends' that take to the ring, he still looked great. Nice job on that match for sure...Jericho must have been in his glory working with his idol. And Rourke didn't look out of place at ALL with those jabs and that hook...I wouldn't be surprised if he actually cocked Jericho for real (for effect, of course).

All in all, it was one of the better WM's I've seen.
Back to top Go down
habs1909

habs1909

PostSubject: Re: The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread   The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 11:56 pm

so i think after a few more matt and jeff matches they'll be united again or the draft will split them up. maybe if edge and cristian unite they can redo that rivalry. having edge out of the title picture can open it up to other guys hopefully morrison which i feel will be brought to raw along with the miz shouldnt split them up this can make them. i dunno how much more wwe will ruin the diva section i don't know if they will push it enough to make him womens champion. chyna won the intercontinental championship y not it was discracefull to pat patterson.
Back to top Go down
habs1909

habs1909

PostSubject: Re: The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread   The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 11:45 pm

was everyone as impressed as i was seeing show beat rey
Back to top Go down
Duckies-GM
Admin
Duckies-GM

PostSubject: Re: The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread   The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 1:23 pm

It's good to see them using Show the way he should be used...but he belongs in ECW. I think having all the monsters on ECW would make the brand a little more interesting.

The Jericho/Cena match was excellent...almost PPV worthy.
Back to top Go down
habs1909

habs1909

PostSubject: Re: The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread   The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 3:15 pm

im surprised edge came out i was feaking out during that match. orton vs triple h was great too
Back to top Go down
habs1909

habs1909

PostSubject: Re: The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread   The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:04 am

so duckies gm i dunno if u remeber this braden walker guy on ecw last year i found this pretty funny parody tribute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwyFABQX62A&feature=channel_page
Back to top Go down
Duckies-GM
Admin
Duckies-GM

PostSubject: Re: The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread   The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:57 pm

I've seen very little of ECW. I thought Christian being there would pique my interest a little more, but I just can't seem to get into it. Mainly because I can't be bothered to watch them online, since I don't get Sci-Fi.

History gets made...never before have all three major titles changed hands in the same night. The fact that two of them were lost by HHH and Cena make it even more noteworthy.

So, HHH gets some time off to spend with the wife and kids, and Cena gets some time off to film his new movie. Edge and Batista are now likely going to war, with Orton and Batista battling it out as well. And with Christian winning the ECW title, it's only a matter of time before he shows up on one of the other two shows. I'd actually like to see Punk use his MitB case for the ECW title, switch brands, and have Christian challenge for Edge's strap.
Back to top Go down
habs1909

habs1909

PostSubject: Re: The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread   The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 12:04 am

ecw plays late on global but i wouldnt watch it at that time. i was so happy the edge and orton won at the begining it didn't look so promising but in the end i was happy. punk vs orton can be a good feud i doubt they'll put him back on ecw hes a little but more of a veteran in way to put him with the young guns. also mvp should have gotton a major wwe championship push but in a few months i think he will get it
Back to top Go down
Duckies-GM
Admin
Duckies-GM

PostSubject: Re: The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread   The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 11:52 pm

Donald has come and gone. Odd storyline, but I 'get it'. They didn't want to pass Vince off as being a great guy, so they had The Donald come in and be the fan fave.

Make no mistake, though...giving back everyone's money that was in attendance at the RAW and having it commercial free was all Vince. Pretty cool thing to do, if you ask me.

We should be seeing Dibiase turn face sometime soon, with his movie coming out in the summer, I believe.

On a sad note...I'm going to miss the one...the only...

MISTAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH KENNEDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

kennedayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Back to top Go down
habs1909

habs1909

PostSubject: Re: The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread   The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 8:05 pm

well i thought theyd have to long vince trump storyline and they had some match like vince and shane vs donald and donald jr for the sale of raw or something along those lines.

for di biases u think hes gonna leave legacy and be some face jobber for a while, i doubt him ending takers streak will ever occur espacially as a face.

and i havent looked into kennedy's release yet, do u know y he was FIRED
Back to top Go down
Duckies-GM
Admin
Duckies-GM

PostSubject: Re: The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread   The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 1:13 am

DiBiase won't end Taker's streak. Jericho's likely the next guy to have a whack at it, anyway.

DiBiase will become a pretty big player for a while. He'll likely grab a belt...either the IC or USA. Just while his movie's being promoted.

Kennedy was thought to be a bit injury prone and apparently worked fairly 'stiff', meaning he hit a little too hard in the ring. Chances are TNA will take a chance on him, but the 'Kennedy' name belongs to WWE, so he'll have to find another gimmick to use.
Back to top Go down
habs1909

habs1909

PostSubject: Re: The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread   The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 5:45 pm

its the wwe dumping gound everyone recently left ends up their as main eventers, also u hear i belive i saw jbl wants to go into mma. it really doesnt suit him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread   The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official NASHL Wrestling Thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next