National All-Star Hockey League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National All-Star Hockey League

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inStandingsRostersToday's GamesEndorsementsPower RankingsGM ListFull Stat IndexScheduleWaiversLeaderboardFree AgentsRulesLeague FilesLeague HistoryPlayoffs
Latest topics
» Playoffs Started
Power Rankings:  Trade Deadline Edition I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:06 am by James

» grey cup final
Power Rankings:  Trade Deadline Edition I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 10:19 pm by habs1909

» Another Idea
Power Rankings:  Trade Deadline Edition I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 2:45 pm by jschofield

» Panthers Playoff Push
Power Rankings:  Trade Deadline Edition I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 3:13 pm by stadnyk

» News Report: New York Islanders To Stock Up On Lube
Power Rankings:  Trade Deadline Edition I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 1:37 pm by GoSensGo

» h1n1 shot
Power Rankings:  Trade Deadline Edition I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 5:43 pm by habs1909

» quack quack
Power Rankings:  Trade Deadline Edition I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 2:49 am by James

» Season 6 Changes
Power Rankings:  Trade Deadline Edition I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 6:32 pm by James

» Another Idea to Solve Activity Crisis
Power Rankings:  Trade Deadline Edition I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:37 pm by James

» Contract Extensions
Power Rankings:  Trade Deadline Edition I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:03 am by James

Top posters
James
Power Rankings:  Trade Deadline Edition I_vote_lcapPower Rankings:  Trade Deadline Edition I_voting_barPower Rankings:  Trade Deadline Edition I_vote_rcap 
habs1909
Power Rankings:  Trade Deadline Edition I_vote_lcapPower Rankings:  Trade Deadline Edition I_voting_barPower Rankings:  Trade Deadline Edition I_vote_rcap 
WashingtonGM
Duckies-GM
stadnyk
Carolina_GM
IslesGM
Dallas
jschofield
NYRangers

Power Rankings: Trade Deadline Edition

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
IslesGM

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-03-27

Power Rankings:  Trade Deadline Edition Empty
PostSubject: Power Rankings: Trade Deadline Edition   Power Rankings:  Trade Deadline Edition I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:25 pm

1. Tampa Bay: Awww, how cute. They think they matter still. The second worst team in the league is also the hottest team in the league. Quick! Dump Brad Richards before people forget he still exists!

2. New York Rags: Still the big dog out East, the Rags should be the top contender for the Cup. They could fill out the fourth line though.

3. San Jose: The Sharks clinched their playoff berth... back in the second week of the season. A veteren defenseman and solid backup goalie would make this group look a lot safer going into the postseason.

4. Calgary: Looking pretty good right now, the only move they need to make is to trade for a Delorean so they can go back in time and not give Todd Bertuzzi a NTC.

5. Pheonix: You would think they would wise up and trade one of their fifty goalies for a defenseman. That's fine, I enjoy a good first round flameout as much as the next guy.

6. Detroit: The Dead Things are coming back to life. It's going to be tougher than Jame's Mom's leathery face, but they might actually make the playoffs. Good thing Dallas and division rival Nashville are tanking hard.

7. Anahiem: An injury to Cam Barker has hurt the cause, but overall this is a well built, balanced team that is the victim of a hyper-competetive division.

8. New York Islanders: Interesting strategy here. Trade away all your top goal scorers: Check. Move your two best defensemen: Check. Trade your starting goalie, who happens to be top ten in the league: Check. Yet they still remain in the playoff hunt, and have been one of the best teams in the league since trading for Tom Preissing.

9. Boston: Still chugging along, this team has some great young depth. If they put some of the extra pieces togather, they could land a big name goal scoring winger and a top-notch veteren goalie.

10. Buffalo: It doesn't really matter, we all know if they get anywhere near a Stanley Cup that Brett Hull's skate will come out of nowhere and start raping Lindy Ruff.

11. Carolina: The Canes have clawed their way back into the playoff picture. With the addition of a few veteren pieces, they could be a dark horse this year.

12. Quebec: The Nords might be the best team not to win a division this year. It wouldn't hurt to move some of that defensive depth for some help up front.

13. Vancouver: Another team that has sucked all year but finally shown signs of life. They might not make the playoffs, but they will make it hell for the other teams in their division on the bubble. Also why the hell is Brian Elliot rotting in the minors?

14. Colorado: Uh oh, the rankings machine must need an oil change again. Get back in the basement where you belong, Dives.

15. Edmonton: Scoring on this team is almost impossible, couple that with a high speed offense and this group is poised to do some damage in the postseason.

16. Philly: Not officially out of the playoffs yet, but they are going to need some help. Too much mediocrity on the backend.

17. Montreal: It's a dogfight for that final playoff spot in the East. The Habs need to make a splash if they want in.

18. Los Angelos: This is a pretty solid squad, but they have looked flat in their last ten. Some minor tweaking could bring them back to life.

19. St. Louis: Aahh! Another ugly basement dweller! Get back where you belong.

20. Florida: Plenty of talent, and plenty of trade bait. An elite winger could put them up at the next level.

21. Washington: We have information leaked from an unknown source that GM Joachim was last seen riding Alexei Yashin and Rick Dipietro like sled dogs in the Yukon. We will bring you further information as the story breaks.

22. New Jersey: Wow, this team got bad fast. Time to trade Scott Neidermayer and his 10M salary, talk about an albatross.

23. Minny: Meh. Not good enough for the playoffs, not bad enough for a good draft pick. Have you been taking lessons from the Leafs?

24. Columbus: This team is running away from the playoffs like a fat chick from a Stairmaster.

25. Ottawa: Holy crap, what happened? You never should have traded Jim Vandermeer. This team needs a shot in the arm, and quick.

26. Toronto: See the Wild.

27. Dallas: Doing their best to help Detroit earn a playoff berth.

28. Chicago: There's some ugly hockey being played in the Windy City right now.

29. Nashville: Wow. The Central SUUUCKS. How does the division leader have one more point than the 8th place seed, and go 2-8 in one of the most important weeks of the season? They are going to get absolutely steamrolled by the Kings or Ducks.

30. Atlanta: At least we know they will suck. And boy, do they. I bet Joe Thornton has more assists than this team has goals.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Power Rankings: Trade Deadline Edition   Power Rankings:  Trade Deadline Edition I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 12:08 am

Lol, I always love your takes on the basement teams!

One thing, Bert doesn't have a NTC, the * beside his name means he's trade available.
Back to top Go down
IslesGM

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Power Rankings: Trade Deadline Edition   Power Rankings:  Trade Deadline Edition I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 12:10 am

I did not know we had a trade block.
Back to top Go down
James
Admin
James

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Power Rankings: Trade Deadline Edition   Power Rankings:  Trade Deadline Edition I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 12:21 am

Yea, for those who use the STHS Client (I know you can't), if you mark a player as Trade Available, it will put a * beside their name. If they have a NTC, it will be an N. Otherwise most people just post on the boards.
Back to top Go down
devilsgm

devilsgm

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Power Rankings: Trade Deadline Edition   Power Rankings:  Trade Deadline Edition I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 11:54 am

Also, Nieds has an NMC, so I can't move his $10 million salary. Of course, I'm about $11 million under the cap, so salary isn't an issue for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power Rankings: Trade Deadline Edition   Power Rankings:  Trade Deadline Edition I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Power Rankings: Trade Deadline Edition
Page 1 of 1